AMETEK is a world-class global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices with annual sales of approximately $4.5 billion. Publicly traded on the NYSE since 1930 and a component of the S&P 500, AMETEK
has over 16,500 colleagues at more than 150 operating locations in 30 countries around the world. Our mission is to solve our customers’ most challenging problems with differentiated technology solutions.
AMETEK’s Growth Model combines four strategies:
Operational Excellence, Strategic Acquisitions, Global & Market Expansion, and New Product Development.
Our core values — ethics, integrity, respect for the individual, diversity and inclusion, teamwork and social responsibility — are essential to doing business
the right way. AMETEK believes that a diverse workforce and an inclusive environment are critical to the continued growth and success of the company.
We seek to hire, develop, and retain individuals who embrace and thrive in our performance based, entrepreneurial culture. We are united by our common spirit of collaboration, creativity, and innovation, backed by the power of a large, global company. To learn more about working at AMETEK visit http://careers.ametek.com
Established in 1886, Taylor Hobson is an acknowledged global leader in the design & manufacture of high precision surface texture & form measuring instrument based in the UK. The instruments are key to many academic institutions, optics, bearings, aerospace & automotive industries with the drive to develop the understanding and control to manufacture more efficient products with greener credentials. It is here where high speed sub 100nm metrology provides some of the challenges & greatest opportunities and where many of our customers have considerable interest demonstrated through their R&D programs globally. We are always looking for new staff with a passion for technology who want to make a difference in the world of ultra-precision technology.
We are Taylor Hobson
Acquired by AMETEK in 2004, TAYLOR HOBSON is part of AMETEK’s Ultra Precision Technologies Division, a leader in the development of ultra-precise measurement devices, precision machining systems, ophthalmic instruments, eye care diagnostic devices, optical lens manufacturing equipment, vibration cancellation systems, and advanced scanners used in reverse engineering, quality assurance and 3D printing.
The Graduate Mechanical Engineer role within the R&D team is an exciting and unique opportunity for up-and-coming engineers to gain valuable skills in precision design and evaluation of robotic machines capable of executing nano-scale measurements of a large range of surfaces using both optical and tactile methods.
As a member of the team, the candidate can expect:
A successful candidate would be expected to:
- Training in the broad field of surface metrology
- Mentorship and guidance towards becoming a Senior Mechanical Engineer and pursuing a Chartership.
- Development of CAD / FEA skills through peer learning and organised training courses
- Experience a wide range of business activities taking place in a large high precision company.
- Never a dull moment, with a wide range of projects and investigations taking place concurrently in the R&D department with a broad range of high precision equipment at your disposal.
Position Requirements:Key requirements:
- Pursue continuous improvement in all domains of Taylor Hobson’s activities as well as their own abilities.
- Push the boundaries of existing knowledge in precision design to create novel proof-of-concepts and see them through to saleable products under the mentorship of a senior engineer.
- Partake in design reviews and have the opportunity to provide actionable feedback to other engineers within the business to help the team as a whole move forward.
- Communicate effectively using all appropriate means with a wide range of project stakeholders.
- CAD experience (NX and/or SolidWorks preferable)
- Numerical analysis skills
- Keen problem solver, drawing on inspiration from varied sources
- Mechatronic systems programming experience is desirable
- Finite Element Analysis experience is desirable
Completion of an MEng Mechanical Engineering Degree (or equivalent) with an expected graduation with a 2:1 minimum