Delphi Technologies is a global provider of vehicle propulsion technologies and systems. Our mission is to make vehicles with cleaner emissions and better performance that drive further on any source of power. We offer pioneering propulsion solutions for conventional, hybrid, electric light and commercial vehicles and aim to be the partner of choice for all our stakeholders. Delphi Technologies also provides leading aftermarket service solutions for the replacement market. Headquartered in London, UK and listed on the NYSE, we operate technical centres, manufacturing sites and customer support services in 24 countries and employ more than 20,000 people around the world.
Owned by Delphi Technologies, Hartridge are a cutting edge, engineering driven business focusing on high performance, automotive diagnostic solutions within the aftermarket segment. Products cover GDI, DPF, Diesel, Hybrid and Electric applications and use the latest in connected technology to ensure market leading user experience. All products are controlled by bespoke design software applications providing direct contact between Hartridge and the machines in the field. Work in this area is critical to the future roadmap for the business as it continues to evolve and find new opportunities in the dynamic and exciting automotive industry.
Reporting to the Engineering Director - Hartridge, the Principal Applications Engineer, is a critical role within the Hartridge operation.
Position based in Buckingham, UK
- Developing new product specifications (internal and external).
- Designing and executing experiments to prove new machine/control concepts.
- Provide lead engineer on R&D projects ensuring the product specification is being met.
- Writing project technical documentation (e.g. Specifications, timing plans, acceptance test procedures, user manuals, applications guides).
- Developing new technologies and applications for existing products.
- Managing a team of 3-4 applications engineers in regards to both resource allocation and knowledge/skill perspective.
Non-Essential but Desirable Requirements:
- Advanced knowledge of Diesel Common Rail and Gasoline Direct fuel injection systems and their working principles on engine.
- Advanced knowledge in on vehicle diagnostics of Fuel Injection Systems.
- Ability to write, update and develop technical specifications.
- Ability to read technical drawings and an understanding of mechanical design principles.
- Advanced user with oscilloscope/s to analyse electrical drive and sensor feedback.
- Experience in R&R testing techniques.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical application requirements to other engineering functions.
- Microsoft Project knowledge.
- Experience with MS Excel to manipulate technical data.
- Basic CAD experience, i.e. opening drawings, opening assemblies (ideally Solidworks).
- 3-5 years of managing a team of team of engineers.
- 3-5 years’ experience within an R&D / proof of concept environment.
- Previous knowledge and experience with hydraulic and electrical control systems, ideally pressure/flow control and quantity measurement.
- Experience with hydraulics, pneumatics, mechanical assemblies and electrical layouts.
- Knowledge and experience of Electric and Hybrid vehicles
- Design for manufacture, service and test.
- Vehicle control systems
Expected skills & competencies
- Be ‘customer’ focused with a ‘Can Do’ attitude.
- A multi-tasker and a finisher.
- An original thinker with a pro-active approach to problem solving and suggesting new ideas.
- An ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Be a team player, comfortable working in a small team and building strong professional relationships.
- Have the ability to organize and take accountability for their own work.
- Have the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.