Finance Assistant - Warranty
Permanent Full time, Monday to Friday 8:30 – 17:00
Salary dependant on experience, to be discussed at interview
To apply please submit your CV and a Covering Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications will be Wednesday 30th September 2020
Summary of Role
Reporting directly to the Finance Supervisor this position’s main responsibilities will be:
- Preparing and submitting all warranty & customer program claims to OEM or manufacturers warranty.
- Processing the credit notes issued against claims
- Assisting with the resolution of any potential claim related issues
- Maintaining warranty spreadsheets
- Monthly reconciliation of warranty spreadsheet to Balance Sheet.
- Monthly reconciliation and payment of the OEM or manufacturers warranty account.
- Any other duties requested by management.
This role will also include some accountancy responsibilities around creditors, debtors, VAT and month end accounting.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparing and submitting claims to OEM or manufacturers warranty. Identifying what we are claiming on Warranty, Proparts etc.
- Checking invoiced jobs – for hours, materials, subcontractors etc. ensuring all is 100% accurate and that materials and labour have been invoiced correctly and any remainders to be claimed.
- Maintaining records of claims made and jobs closed
- Liaising with the Maintenance Manager, Production Manager, Shift Supervisors, Engineers, Stores/Logistics and Technical Services Administrators as and when required
- Maintaining warranty and ARG spreadsheets
- Chasing outstanding claims with OEM or manufacturers warranty ensuring that payment is reviewed, and queries are answered – online and other
- Processing credits for OEM or manufacturers warranty and maintaining spreadsheets and in the case of OEM or manufacturers warranty checking daily on their website for questions
- Updating Quarantine spreadsheet with Claim number and date
- Emailing/Liaising with customers regard account status
- Issuing copy invoices as required
- Process core returns, maintaining spreadsheet control of all movements
- General duties; including filling, answering the telephone, photocopying, scanning
- Monitor the preparation of weekly figures (claim tools and adjustments)
- Checking open claims file against spreadsheet at the end of the month
- Month end reporting/reconciliation of claims/warranties against balance sheet control account
- Month end reporting/reconciliation of Core returns against balance sheet control account
- Identify and process/journalise any necessary reconciliation adjustments
- Assist with covering the sales ledger and purchase leger department roles
- Assisting with the Accounts Manager with month end reporting
- Ensure payment to OEM or manufacturers warranty is expedited in timely manner
- Other ad-hoc duties as and when required
What we need from you
Accounting experience essential
Excellent customer service skills both in person and via telephone/email essential
Good knowledge of Excel essential
Good knowledge of Windows Office
Experience in an administration role beneficial
Knowledge of Business Aviation and/or Aviation Maintenance beneficial
Knowledge of EXACT (Finance system) beneficial
Knowledge of CAFAM (Aircraft Maintenance System) beneficial
Positive attitude towards future progression and development within the company
Able to work within a team and on own initiative