Explore your potential with us….
We take pride in meeting and exceeding our customers’ needs at Crown Holdings. Our Crown Technology Sector drives innovation across the group from our R&D centres in the UK and US.
We are looking for a Development Engineer to work within Crown Technology in the Wantage Beverage Ends team. We are looking for someone to start in this role as soon as possible.
- Project managing a range of beverage ends development projects, ensuring they are delivered to time and cost
- Analytical work such as data analysis, report writing, presentations, and design of tooling using CAD
- Practical work including factory trials, testing, tool assembly and fitting into machines
- Project management for the entire lifecycle: planning, stakeholder management, cost control and forecasting
In order to succeed in this role you will have:
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering (HND in Mechanical Engineering will be considered)
- Previous experience in a Mechanical Engineering role
- Excellent engineering problem solving skills, along with the ability to make sound decisions
- The ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the business
- Enthusiasm to get involved in all levels of engineering work, from design to hands on practical work if needed
- The ability to effectively manage projects whilst keeping to tight deadlines
Travel will be required, mainly within the EU & Asia, but also possible trips to the USA for short periods of time, on average 4-5 weeks over the course of the year.
If you think you have what it takes to succeed in the role, we would love to hear from you:
Please apply by uploading your curriculum vitae and a covering letter (no longer than 1 side of A4) explaining why you wish to apply for the vacancy of Development Engineer and what you feel you could bring to the role.
We’ll match your contribution to our business with an ongoing commitment to your career development.