To be a global market leader in Workplace Management Technology, recognised as benefiting the health, wellbeing and productivity of building users.
SPICA is a specialist IOT (Internet of Things) Solutions Provider that uses a combination of technical assets, hardware (sensor devices), software components, and IOT integration expertise to help businesses capitalize on the opportunity that the Internet of Things represents. Our particular focus is on the Digital Workplace and we help our clients ensure that the experience of being in the workplace is the best it can be. We blend our core product portfolio with a custom product / boutique experience to deliver amazing solutions to a wide variety of clients.
Your part in it:
- Relentless Innovation. Everyone is encouraged to think in new ways for us all to always be moving forward.
- In It Together. Our Job Descriptions are not boundaries of limitation but a spring board for opportunities.
- People Not Numbers. We pride ourselves on nurturing long-term partnerships and our team is at the heart of everything we do.
- High Performing Culture. Here everyone is a leader striving for self-actualisation at work.
- Work Balance. Working hard is only sustainable when we balance it with family, friends and relaxation.
The successful applicant will work within our Custom Products squad, working within a multi-disciplinary team to develop advanced Workplace Experience Solutions, primarily (but not exclusively) working on front-end user interfaces especially in the form of native iOS and Android apps using Flutter, kiosk interfaces, and some web interfaces. This is an opportunity to work with some interesting technologies Indoor Positioning and Wayfinding, integrations with our Digital Twin and IOT platform, Content Management tooling, chat bots and voice interfaces, Augmented Reality, and many others. All of our software solutions are oriented around the Internet-of-Things, particularly focused within the Facilities Management sector and opportunities in the Digital Workplace.
We are looking for candidates that have strong skills in mobile app development although our primary development stack is based around Flutter, experience of native iOS and/or Android development would be beneficial. Youll need to be able to collaborate closely with other members of the squad, especially Product and Solution Designers, and there will be opportunities to get involved in other business activities outside of your core role.
Personal Qualities required:
- Strong academic background, including good A-levels or equivalent and a preferably a numerate degree from a leading University.
- 2+ years experience of developing and testing front-end user interfaces primarily using mobile app development tools.
- Experience of using Flutter to build and deliver a production quality app would be highly beneficial.
- Good understanding of object-oriented programming principles and patterns
- Good understanding of test driven development and experience of writing automated UI tests
- Good understanding of application programming interfaces (APIs) to support mobile functionality.
- Able to discuss the clients requirements and the proposed solution with colleagues, and able to attend and contribute to design and implementation discussions with the squad and the client, including meetings with the client on-site.
What you can expect in return:
- Strong self-organisational skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines without constant supervision.
- Mathematical aptitude.
- Drive to keep up to date with developments and trends in the tech and modern media world.
- The ability to learn quickly.
- The ability to interpret and follow technical plans.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills.
Reward & Recognition:
- A great opportunity to experience what it takes to scale a thriving software engineering business focused around innovative product development.
- A friendly, encouraging and motivating environment with a team who works hard but knows how to have fun.
- A chance to participate in Birminghams Innovation ecosystem being based out of the Innovation Birmingham Science Park, where great events take place with inspiring and informed technical community members.
- Good salary, based on experience.
- Pension in line with auto enrolment requirements.
- Flexible working.
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Regular reviews, progression planning.
- Training opportunities in new and emerging technologies.
We support the principle of Equality and Diversity in employment wholeheartedly and oppose all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
If you are smart and good at what you do, we want to hear from you.