Born out of frustration with the traditional cash register business, ShopKeep was designed by a retailer with a noble aim: to rescue independent business owners from the nightmare of archaic point of sale systems, and replace it with something beautiful, simple and affordable. It turned out that by doing this, we were giving our fellow merchants a fighting chance against the big guys. So we kept doing it.
We're doing this by disrupting the industry through our cloud-based architecture, amazing customer care and intuitive software that delivers the data small business owners need to run a smarter business.
We understand that our customers are integral parts of the communities they serve, thus, helping them succeed helps all of our communities to thrive.
About This Role
ShopKeep is seeking a Senior Test Engineer to join our team. The ideal candidate will be able to achieve a thorough understanding of the ShopKeep application, backend and the devices it supports. Our Senior Test Engineers are expected to understand and learn about the variety of small businesses that ShopKeep supports and approach testing from different merchant viewpoints and expectations.
The Senior Test Engineer will be expected to work in a dynamic, interactive and global team, communicate efficiently, effectively and always be ready to support their peers. The Senior Test Engineer is expected to work closely with Product Owners and Software Engineers to do exploratory testing, contribute to writing test automation, as well as improve the testing process, tooling and testing capabilities of the team and company as a whole.
What You Will Do
- Develop fast, effective automated tests suitable for use in continuous integration / delivery
- Actively support and contribute to the upkeep of ShopKeep's continuous integration / delivery infrastructure
- Support, develop and extend ShopKeep's testing infrastructure
- Review features in development and be able to identify incomplete specifications or prospective testing risks
- Identify new testing tools or processes, research and evangelize them
- Be a testing expert and mentor / coach the rest of the organisation on testing
- Provide visibility into quality of the product
What You Need
- Have deep understanding of different testing approaches
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt
- Good problem solving skills
- Experience with building or extending automation frameworks
- Ability to coach and mentor
- Evidence of keeping up to date with emerging tooling and practices
Bonus points if you have….
- Experience with exploratory testing
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience with cross functional testing - for example performance, accessibility
- Ability and experience with building tools to extend / support testing
- Health Insurance with Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Life and Income Protection Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity Benefits
- Discounts on Gym Memberships and Fitness Equipment
- Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Generous Referral Bonus Program for Technology Roles
- Pension Scheme
...and the bare necessities
- Lively and enriching Engineering culture
- Regularly scheduled hackathons, meetups and Tech Talks
- Opportunity to attend Engineering Conferences, thanks to our generous company conference budget
- Newsletters produced by Engineering teams
- Cross-office collaboration between our NYC and Belfast teams with the opportunity to travel to our different offices
- Regular team events, including Happy Hours and Game Nights
- Catered lunches
- Breakout area to play pool and relax
- Yoga classes
- Standing desks
ShopKeep is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer. We do not discriminate on grounds of religious belief or political opinion. Furthermore, we don't discriminate based on gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, nationality, or any other individual characteristics. We practice equality of opportunity in employment and select the best person for the job.
To demonstrate our commitment to equality of opportunity in employment we need to monitor the community background of our applicants and employees, as required by the Fair Employment and Treatment (NI) Order 1998. You are not obliged to answer the questions on this form and you will not suffer any penalty if you choose not to do so. Any information that you provide will remain confidential and will only be used for monitoring and reporting purposes.
If you answer the questions about your community background and gender you are obliged to do so truthfully, as it is a criminal offence under the Fair Employment (Monitoring) Regulations (NI) 1999 to knowingly give false answers to these questions.