Seeking a dynamic experienced Manufacturing Engineering Manager with a strong lean manufacturing background to work in the Fluke Precision Measurement (FPM) Operations Team based in Norwich. Responsible for both maintaining and continuous improvement of our manufacturing systems and processes. This is a key position for FPM and the successful candidate will be part of the Operations Leadership team and instrumental inenabling us to deliver our strategic and operational objectives.
- Coordinates the activities for Manufacture Engineering with responsibility for results, including costs, methods and staffing
- Responsible for the ongoing professional development of the Manufacture Engineering team
- Lead technical authority within the FPM Operations team
- Act as the escalation point for engineering issues identified in Operations
- Senior Leader on the Operations Leadership team
- Evaluate new and existing products to identify manufacturing process or analytical requirements and equipment; advise (DFMEA) appropriate engineering personnel on manufacturability and equipment requirements
- Creates a competitive advantage for Fluke through the development and application of manufacturing system technology i.e. both step change technology projects and smaller productivity improvements within existing processes.
- Work with the Materials Manager and Quality Manager to improve both quality and cost of products from our Suppliers.
- Ensure design & component specifications are communicated and updated with suppliers as part of the companies engineering change process.
- Work with Engineering & Suppliers to identify component obsolescence & risks and identify appropriate alternatives.
To be successful in this positions we expect the candidate to bring:
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing / Kaizen preferred
- Knowledge of engineering principles, practices and techniques commonly employed in the design and production of company products
- Electronics, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering background essential
- Automotive or Aerospace background preferred
- Development engineering experience beneficial to role
Fortive is a diversified industrial growth company comprised of global businesses that are recognized leaders in attractive markets. With more than $6 billion in annual revenues, Fortive’s well-known brands hold leading positions in field instrumentation, transportation, sensing, product realization, automation and specialty, and franchise distribution.
Fortive is headquartered in Everett, Washington and employs a team of more than 24,000 research and development, manufacturing, sales, distribution, service and administrative employees in more than 40 countries around the world. Our team grows by tackling challenges that accelerate progress and further their careers. With a culture rooted in continuous improvement, the core of our company’s operating model is the Fortive Business System. For more information please visit: www.fortive.com .
Fluke Corporation is the world leader in the manufacture, distribution and service of electronic test tools and software. We are a dynamic market leader with sound financial health. Fluke has achieved the number one or number two position in every market in which it competes. The Fluke brand has a reputation for portability, ruggedness, safety, ease of use and rigid standards of quality. A wholly owned subsidiary of Fortive Corporation ( www.fortive.com ), Fluke is a multi-national corporation headquartered in the greater Seattle area. We offer an entrepreneurial environment that is team-centered, customer-driven, quality-focused, and growth-oriented. It is driven by the phenomenally successful Fortive Business System. Working at Fluke gives you access to a robust career development process and challenging, “stretch” opportunities