Junior Project Engineer? Does that mean I’m making the tea and filing the admin? Not for us you’re not! Develop a career in a hands-on engineering environment & grow into a full Sales / Design / Project Engineer, as best suits you. NB: You’ll need to be commutable to our office in Tonbridge, Kent.
Up to £30,000 dependant on your relevant experience
Your benefits package includes:
- Private Medical
- Life Assurance
- 25 Days Holiday, plus Bank Holidays
Office based in Tonbridge, Kent
Where you might live:
East Grinstead, Tunbridge Wells & Maidstone are all easily commutable
Why you should apply:
- There is a genuine career path for your progression within our business – either into Project Engineering or externally into a Sales Engineer role. You’ll help to define that!
- You’ll be directly managed & mentored by the Technical Manager. His success is making you better in this job
We design & manufacture a range of acoustic based products & systems into a variety of industry sectors including: Marine, Defence, Construction, Power Generation, Industrial in the UK, US & Europe. This role will largely concentrate on supporting the sales team within the construction market across the UK.
You’ll prepare proposals & quotations (to include materials/labour), the relevant design specification & 2D CAD drawings for the sales & project teams. Our 3D product/systems design is all handled by the Design Engineering team.
Our average order value is approximately £50,000. An off the shelf product can range from £500 for an individual component, right up to £300,000 for a full bespoke system.
Your Main Responsibilities:
- Provide internal & external project support to the sales teams. You’ll be expected to attend initial site visits & regular review meetings with clients across the UK
- We expect you to be attending 2-4 visits per month, all within the UK. They are largely in London or the South East/Home Counties, but you might be needed farther afield
- Prepare manufacturing &/or installation schematics & work instructions for projects using 2D AutoCAD
- Provide technical & project support to new & existing customers, before, during or after a project
- We’ll put you through your CSCS course if you don’t already hold it
- You’ll be educated in Engineering – HNC / HND / Degree / MENG in Mechanical, Industrial, Building Services or another relevant Engineering subject
- You’ll have practical work experience post education (or a university sandwich year) in either Sales Engineering/Admin, Applications Engineering, Proposals, Contract Engineering, Design / CAD Engineering, Project Engineering or transferable
- You’ll have the ability to engage with key Stakeholders both internal & external
We are an original equipment manufacturer (OEM) who produce mechanical based components & systems that are supplied into a variety of industrial environments including: Marine, Defence, Construction, Industrial, Building Services & Power Generation in the UK, Europe & USA. We’re over 100 years old, very well established in our market and financially very secure as a business – owning our manufacturing facility & boasting excellent staff retention.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Sales Engineer, Applications Engineer, Contracts Engineer, Proposals Engineer, Project Engineer, graduate, mechanical engineering, Design Engineer, Sales Administrator, Technical Administrator.
INTERESTED? Please click apply. You will receive an acknowledgement of your application.
Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen as the retained recruitment partner of our client and therefore any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
JAC16007, Wallace Hind Selection