HARIBO, the world’s biggest manufacturer of fruit gums and liquorice products entered the UK market in 1972, when it acquired a majority stake in the English firm Dunhills (Pontefract). We are looking for reliable and enthusiastic people to join our Engineering team.
40 Hours per week – typically:
Mon-Fri 07:00 – 15:30
Purpose of the Role:
Qualifications / Experience:
- Utilize performance and quality data collected across the site to generate performance reports.
- Drive the development of Excel/VBA business tools.
- To continually improve and advance data collection and analysis processes throughout the factory, to enable the advancement of process control automation and quality.
- To implement and control the Site Performance Analysis System across site.
- To maintain and manage and utilise the data collected from the site Automated Pallet Movement System.
- To assist with the development and implementation of PLC Programming and process automation projects across the site.
- To control and document the management and development of PLC programs in use across the site.
- To assist in the conceptualization and realization of complex process automation projects.
Advanced knowledge of MS Office suite, including VBA programming and IT systems.
Experience using AutoCAD software to interpret factory layouts and machinery preferred.
Previous work experience in a technical or industrial environment is preferred.
Experience of Food Manufacturing would be highly desirable.
Previous knowledge of food safety standards would also be advantageous.
Must be willing to be flexible in their approach and a committed team player.
Previous experience of leading a team is desirable.
Experience in PLC control systems, principles and programming would be highly desirable.