This is a unique time to be joining the University of Southampton and its Infrastructure services team, within the University’s IT department iSolutions. The Infrastructure services team is uniquely placed to support the IT department and the wider University of Southampton.
About the Role
This is a key role will be in the Infrastructure services team, following a recent restructure, you will be joining a team of dedicated specialists supporting and designing complex Infrastructure systems and solutions that are essential to the University core operations.
About the Department
iSolutions is one of the largest departments within the University’s Professional Services Group and provides all aspects of ICT to the University. This includes learning and teaching, research, and University administration, and supports a diverse user community of over 35,000 University staff and students.
For more information, see our website at http://www.southampton.ac.uk/isolutions
What you’ll do
- Take a leading role in developing and managing Infrastructure servicess in our enterprise scale environment.
- Proactively, work with a wide range of the other IT teams to exploit the full potential of infrastructure delivery.
- Take a leading role in the planning of major systems installations and upgrades.
What you’ll bring
- We are looking for candidates who can demonstrate resourcefulness, initiative and understand the value of delivering reliable and stable services with clear and concise documentation.
- Skill level equivalent to achievement of HND, Degree, NVQ4 or professional qualification in a relevant technical, engineering or science subject.
- Experience of developing and managing enterprise scale infrastructure services.
- Experience of working within a large-scale Linux\Windows server environment.
- The ability to present your ideas and your specialist area, to a wide and potentially nontechnical audience.
An understanding and experience in one of the following server and associated services architectures;
Experience of developing and managing enterprise scale infrastructure services.
Experience delivering and working within some of these areas:
- Cloud services
- Enterprise Network services
- Security by design
- International service delivery
- Storage and backup
- Process and system automation
Why work for us?
The University of Southampton is a research driven institution with some of the worlds leading minds. We would love you to join us and help change the world for the better. The University of Southampton promotes a healthy work life balance with generous holiday allowance, defined benefit pension, flexi-time and flexible working.
At the University of Southampton, we are committed to our strategic principles of collegiality, quality, sustainability and global reputation. The University is committed to addressing equality issues and is a founding signatory of the Athena SWAN Charter, holding a silver-level Athena SWAN award.
For more information on our benefits, please visit our Human Resources pages.
If you have any further questions about this role, or would like to know more about the team, contact Richard Cross, The Head of Infrastructure, at email@example.com If you think this could be the role for you, press the ‘Apply Online’ button below. We look forward to hearing from you!
You should submit your completed online application form at https://jobs.soton.ac.uk. The application deadline will be midnight on the closing date stated above. If you need any assistance, please call Annabelle Trimm (Recruitment Team) on +44 (0) 23 8059 4043 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Please quote reference 1295020JF on all correspondence.
Email details to a friend