- Achieve remarkable things
- Experience a culture that empowers and inspires
- Create things that the rest of the world only dreamed of
- Moog culture is fundamentally about respect
Moog Aircraft Group are looking to recruit a Quality Assurance Engineer to join the team based in Wolverhampton. You’ll have sole responsibility for the planning, implementation, and administration of Quality Programs to assure that a system is in place which will meet or exceed contractual quality requirements and provide the required level of protection to Moog and its Customers.
This is an opportunity to join an industry leading business who are both forward thinking and proactive which means we’ll be looking for the same characteristics in you.
- Inspection Planning: Develop production & development inspection plans for receiving inspection, manufacturing, assembly & test, engineering procedures, and first article inspections.
- Quality Planning: Planning, development, implementation, and administration of cost effective Quality Programs. These activities require the development of traceability plans, contamination plans, configuration control plans for hardware & computer software, control of associated documentation, and the development of other written plans for customer approval.
- Contract Compliance: Assure compliance with contractual issues for complex programs related to quality including coordination of customer, government, regulatory agency audits, and flow-down of contract requirements to suppliers and appropriate Moog disciplines.
- Project Engineering: The Quality Engineer performs varied technical tasks which are non-¬routine such as product improvement studies, process improvement studies, and development of new systems & procedures. These studies require the use of analysis techniques such as SPC, regression, statistics, and Design of Experiments.
- Training: Train and educate functional groups in the areas of Statistical Process Control, Gauge Variation, Designed Experiments, and Program specific contractual quality requirements.
- Program Support: Provide technical assistance to Manufacturing, A & T, Vendors, Customers, and other Engineering disciplines in the resolution of fabrication, and field related problems. This support typically requires the application of a creative approach to problem solving.
- Failure Analysis & Corrective Action: The Quality Engineer is responsible to conduct Failure analysis by utilizing his organizational, technical knowledge, analytical and communication skills. The end result is to find the root cause and implement closed loop corrective action.
- Degree/ HNC in relevant engineering discipline
- Experience working in a complex manufacturing industry is essential.
- Proven knowledge of manufacturing, assembly, and functional test methods.
- Sufficient background in statistical methods to develop unique solutions to continuous improvement and process monitoring problems.
- Proficient user of various statistical, spreadsheet, word processing, and database software packages.
- Self-motivated and with the ability to follow through on assignments with limited supervision.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to converse with personnel at all levels both inside and outside of the company
Our people enjoy tackling interesting technical challenges in a culture where everyone trusts each other. Working with us can mean deeper job satisfaction, better rewards and a great quality of life inside and outside of work.
You Can Do This
Once you apply for this position your CV will be held on our central recruitment management database. If you would prefer that your details are not retained by Moog, please contact us via the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org