The Scottish Government’s Digital Connectivity Information Management team is responsible for data management & analysis, GIS and data publication applications underpinning the work of Digital Connectivity Division. Digital Connectivity Division leads delivery of Scottish Government commitments to ensure superfast broadband connectivity for all homes and businesses across Scotland through the Digital Scotland Superfast Broadband (DSSB) and Reaching 100% (R100) programmes, as well as addressing gaps in 4G mobile coverage, the deployment of 5G technology, and development of the Internet of Things.
1. Proven experience in the implementation and development of complex end-to-end data processes evidencing tangible and effective business benefits and production of high quality analytical, data or management information-related outputs in a high profile project/programme management or similar environment.
2. Proven evidence of managing, analysing and administering large and complex reference datasets in a relational database environment (e.g. Postgres/PostGIS).
3. Proven evidence in automation of data processing and analytical tasks using ETL tools/methods (e.g. FME) and relevant coding languages (e.g. SQL, R, Python) in development of data workflows.
4. Excellent communication skills, particularly the ability to explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience and produce clear, high quality data/analytical output in both written and verbal format.
- Learning and development tailored to your role
- An environment with flexible working options
- A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
- A Civil Service pension