For growing businesses -
CRATE is a network of entrepreneurial business communities, where collaboration promotes growth and success.
CRATE co-ordinates, hosts and manages several hundred events of varying size and type each year. Events can be small, such a supporting an on-site business with a ceramic painting workshop, to big, for example a multi-stage music festival with a thousand plus visitors over a day. At weekends, events may run concurrently or consecutively. Events require varied marketing and social media.
Events are a central feature of, i) attracting visitors to a CRATE scheme, ii) helping CRATE occupying businesses (Craters) market their products and services, and iii) engaging all the communities in and around St James Street.
Events have a variety of stakeholders – in 2019 CRATE hosted a celebration of 100 years of council housing involving the GLA and Waltham Forest council (200 high profile guests). CRATE also works with housing developers, bands, DJs, community groups, other promoters, local councillors, the police, social enterprise and local charities. CRATE was also a venue for the London Borough of Culture Art Night in June 2019, seeing 2,000 visitors.
CRATE has four, mostly external, event areas that double as customer public realm. As CRATE rolls-out schemes to other locations, events are key to the CRATE proposition and scheme success. CRATE is also scaling-up its business-to-business offering, which will include more training.
Level 3 Events Assistant
We expect the successful apprenitce to be:
- Develop event proposals for CRATE and/or with Craters
- Work closely with our charity-focused Craters (tenants) on our community outreach events (this will likely entail working approximately one-day a week within their unit under the guidance of the relevant charity)
- Planning of event objectives, timings, participants, guests, ticketing, budgets, resource, on-site equipment, specialist equipment, marketing, etc.
- Support event health and safety reviews and risk management
- Liaise with members of the public, suppliers and vendors
- Maintain controls and schedules of events, activity lists and risk assessments
- Oversee and co-ordinate event set-up, event operations and close-down
- Co-ordinate with multiple stakeholders from inside/outside of the CRATE scheme
- Review performance of events versus objective, cost and delivery
- Supportgood working relations with all event stakeholders
- Supporting marketing content for the event (social media, short videos,animation and graphics, newsletters, print etc.)
The successful apprentice will need to demonstrate:
- Adaptable and resilient
- Passionate about events, whether big or small
- Keen to grow with the CRATE business
- Interested in business start-up and entrepreneurship
- Excellent organisation skills
- Planning and co-ordination
- Time management and hitting deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Confident with office software: word-processing, spreadsheets and presentations
All future prospects will be reviewed upon successful completion of the apprenticeship.
- Both role and qualification are inclusive of each other.
- You will need to apply yourself equally to both qualification and outlined tasks within the role.
- The vast majority of our events run in the evenings and weekends the role requires regular evening work to 9pm (likely two days per week), Saturdays during the day,
plus Sundays for major events.