Lifting - Engineer
Trainee Lifting Engineer - Birmingham
Permanent Full Time
United Kingdom, Midlands, Birmingham
Birmingham, B7 4PR
About the role
Our team is the best in the industry – is it time for you to join us?
GAP Lifting Hire & Sales offers one of the largest ranges of lifting equipment and accessories in the industry. From small shackles and slings to material lifts and aluminium gantries, the division has everything our customers need for lifting any size of load.
As a trainee Lifting Engineer will learn everything from basic lifting engineering skills to the proof load testing of overhead cranes and runway systems. This will include how to service and maintain lifting equipment to a high standard, diagnosing and repairing faults, updating service records, completing test certificates and keeping the workshop area clean and tidy. You will work alongside our experienced Lifting Engineers who are the best in the industry and once you have successfully completed your initial training you will go on to complete industry standard LEEA qualifications to become a fully qualified Lifting Engineer.
Successful candidates should demonstrate the following:
- Experience working in a mechanical or fitter environment with a willingness to learn on the job and undertake further qualifications
- Ability to work on own initiative and assist other team members when required
- A customer-focussed approach to their work and strong attention to detail
- Valid driving licence is preferable
From one division, GAP Hire Solutions now has 10 divisions offering the hire of equipment throughout the UK. We're looking to recruit the best talent the industry has to offer to help us grow even further. As a GAP employee, you'll enjoy loads of benefits such as a staff social fund and loyalty holidays. Our in-house Learning & Development Team are dedicated to giving you the skills you need to be your best and as a company we are always keen to promote internally.
- Competitive salary and bonus scheme
- Increased salary increments upon successful completion of LEEA qualifications
- Overtime at an enhanced rate
- Standby/Call out rota
- Employer contributory pension
- 22 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Staff social fund (money for team building exercises etc.)
- Health & Wellness (annual flu jab, free eyesight tests etc.)
- Cycle to work scheme
So what next?
If you think you fit the profile we would love to hear from you!
All you have to do is upload your CV and complete our short application form and we can take it from there.
GAP GROUP IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER
Trainee Lifting Engineer-191
Publication start date
Trainee Lifting Engineer
Trainee Lifting Engineer