Let's push the boundaries together and make the most of your talents!
Project Lead Programmer
Slough, Berkshire, United Kingdom
Help us transform patients' lives.
At UCB, we put our heart, soul, and skills into making a difference for people living with severe disease. Working together to push the boundaries, we blend the best of our talents to unlock innovation. Will you join us in our pioneering adventure?
Project Lead Programmer - UK, Belgium, Germany or US.
UCB – Inspired by patients. Driven by science.
Help us transform patients’ lives.
Everything we do starts with a simple question:
“How will this make a difference to the lives of people living with severe diseases?” And to find the answers, we connect globally with patients and their families living with the physical and social burdens of severe disease. These connections give us new perspectives, drive our innovation, and offer a hope for a new generation of therapies that will help to transform lives.
To strengthen our Statistical Science and Innovation group, we are looking to fill the position of: Project Lead Programmer.
About the Role
You will be required to:
- Effectively lead the project programming team and influence key stakeholders ensuring upward communication of major issues and learnings to Global Head of Programming and SSI leadership team
- Foster and encourage a culture of innovation, and act as a role model to others in actively owning and sharing the use of innovative methods throughout the statistical programming department
- Provide oversight and strategic direction of programming activities within the project team, ensuring commitment to quality standards and processes and efficient delivery.
- Develop close collaboration with the project statistical leads where relevant, and identify key areas in which to establish joint initiatives and information sharing aligned with our Patient Value Strategy
- Contribute to the development of the internal profile of the SSI practice developing the group as a partner of choice.
- Represent and enhance the external profile of UCB’s Programmers, through involvement in external industry bodies such as PSI, PhUSE, CDISC, etc.
- Lead and manage programming deliverables of a project, utilising comprehensive knowledge of programming standards (e.g. ADaM, CDISC etc and including innovative approaches), and knowledge of regulatory and post marketing requirements, working with the statistical project leads and specialist SSI groups as appropriate.
- Engage cross functionally to provide expert input into collaboration projects such as publications, clinical reports and patient safety.
- Lead and manage both internal programming teams and major vendor partners
- Line manage permanent programming staff within the project team(s) providing technical support, career progression advice and training and enabling mentorship as necessary
- Collaborate with other Project Programming Leads to discuss resource requirements and staff development plans which impact the practice workforce planning. Report progress on practice clinical program planning to Global Head Programming. Subject matter expert for project management software (e.g. Integrate), supporting successful entry and management of SSI project codes.
You should be/have:
- BSc in Statistics, Mathematical, Statistical Computer Science or Life Science, or comparable required, MSc preferred.
- Extensive experience of working within the Pharmaceutical industry
- Experience of managing global teams & projects
- Experience of line managing programmers strongly preferred
- Extensive SAS and/or R programming knowledge, ideally to expert level
- Extensive knowledge of the drug development program across all phases of clinical studies
- Extensive knowledge of the regulatory submission requirements for datasets
- Proven influencer and collaborator in a project team environment
- Previous experience in a Project Lead Programming type role, ideally in a Pharma or CRO environment
- Functional scientific skills, including:
Knowledge of SDTM/ADaM CDISC standards
Experience in core submission pre-requisites
Knowledge of analysis and reporting of clinical trials
Computer/software proficiency supporting data analysis, including familiarity with software such as NONMEM, PKS. S+, BUGS or JMP in order to work in partnership with IT
UCB- Inspired by Patients. Driven by Science. Everything we do starts with a simple question: “How will this create value for people living with severe diseases?” By putting patients at the heart of what we do, our approach – from discovery to development to delivery – is continuously transformed and designed around patient needs and their journey.
With a team of approximately 7,500 employees and operations in more than 40 countries, we are a global biopharmaceutical company investing more than a quarter of our revenue in cutting-edge scientific research. We are focused on addressing chronic, neurological, immunological, and bone diseases.
UCB and its subsidiaries encourage diversity and inclusion in the workplace; we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Developer, Neurology, Immunology, Law, Programmer, Technology, Healthcare, Legal