Planning and Customer Support Engineer
Signature TECHNICAIR- Bournemouth
Reporting directly to the Head of Maintenance, the Planning and Customer Support Engineer is responsible for liaising with customers, manufacturers support representatives, regulatory authority representatives and company management and support personnel as required, before, during and after maintenance input events.
- Liaise with Customer representatives regarding issues arising during maintenance input and advise any potential impact on delivery dates.
- Prepare, update and send daily status reports on progress and costs of ongoing maintenance events.
- Prepare and update pre-purchase reports and estimates.
- To assist in the preparation of invoices in conjunction with the finance team and Head of Maintenance.
- Participation in the various meetings of the engineering department and technical meetings.
- Provide timely response, investigation and advice to technical and customer queries.
- Working together with Sales in regards to planning, scheduling and producing estimates for upcoming maintenance inputs.
- Produce and provide customer quotations for scheduled and non-scheduled maintenance requirements.
- Liaise with the head of Maintenance and Production Manager regarding available manpower and hangar slot availability for proposed inputs.
- Create and send work orders to customers.
- On receipt of signed work orders, liaise directly with the Technical Services dept. regarding work pack requests and revisions to in-work scheduled maintenance events.
- Revisions to work orders containing non-scheduled additional requirements.
- Responsible for the pre-loading of parts, tooling and services for all scheduled inputs and ensuring their timely arrival prior to the commencement of planned maintenance.
- Monitor and make changes to the manhour loading plan to reflect actual and provisional booking status.
- Input work scopes and produce reports as required using the CAFAM computer system.
- Gather support information and liaise directly with third party vendors in regards to NDT/Paint/Special services, etc
- Any other duties as reasonably requested.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
To perform this role successfully, you must have a background in aircraft maintenance planning and/or customer support roles.
Basic computer skills are essential and an understanding of the CAFAM operating system is preferable
By applying for this role and/or submitting your CV, you are agreeing to the use of your personal data as detailed in our candidate privacy notice which can be found at https://www.bbaaviation.com/~/media/Files/B/Bba-Aviation/documents/privacy-policy/candidate-privacy-notice-bba-aviation-8-may-2019.pdf .
Please take a few moments to read our candidate privacy notice prior to applying.
Salary and benefits will be discussed at the interview stage.