OE Telecoms Sussex Direct (920202) G1
About Network Rail
We at network rail are dedicated to becoming one of Britains best employers and believe this starts with placing the candidate at the heart of everything we do!
Our ambition to be responsive to passengers and freight users, drives us every day and were empowered to do the right thing for those who use the rail network. We actively challenge unsafe practices and take responsibility for addressing risks, resolving issues and protecting safety and wellbeing.
As Section Planner, Administrator for the Sussex Route Telecoms section you will be responsible for producing Safe System of Work packs for Telecoms staff, who are required to work on or near the line and also to book Line Blocks. You will have to be able to liaise with other disciplines to obtain permission for Telecoms staff to enter pre-booked Line Blocks/Possessions and the GZAC to clarify requirements.
Your Administrative duties will include, processing timesheets in a timely manner, OTL inputting, Ordering tools and materials, Ellipse data management, Booking travel and hotels as necessary and producing reports along with various other tasks as required.
This is a key role in a small but busy team so the ability to work under pressure and co-operate with the rest of the team is vital.
This post reports to the Route Communications Engineer.
About the role (External)
1. Plan and optimise all agreed work activities for the team.
2. Accurately update systems, databases and records.
3. Produce Safe System of Work plans.
4. Submit Green Zone access and isolation requests.
5. Produce quarterly plans.
6. Manage weekly Plan-Do Review meetings.
7. Represent Telecoms at planning meetings.
8. Collate and maintain infrastructure maintenance records.
9. Administration of rosters and timesheets.
10. Set up and maintain efficient filing systems.
11. Undertake general office administration duties.
- Work Plan production and resource optimisation skills
- Scheduling profile in work planning/scheduling system
- Core Planning Skills Level 2
- Knowledge of access and possession processes and systems
- Safe System of Work Planning Process and System
- Good interpersonal, communication and organisational skills
- Experience of clerical support and office management
- Excellent time manager
- Knowledge of relevant IT systems
- Ability to work on own initiative
Knowledge of operational railway environment
How to apply (External)
18th September 2020. Late applications will not be accepted.