Come join a company that tackles fascinating problems and find solutions to complex challenges. With deep expertise in influenza science, our team works on cutting-edge research, pioneering technologies to optimise the manufacturing process and improve the effectiveness of influenza vaccines. We operate as one integrated global organisation, drawing together expert staff from different countries to collaborate. Together, we are working on the front line to protect communities from seasonal influenza and global pandemic threats. When you join Seqirus, you join a team dedicated to making a difference in people's lives. It's a feeling of possibility, creativity, and purpose that inspires us every day.
Professional Automation Engineering role responsible for the effective support and development of Automation systems installed at the Liverpool site. The role is focused on secondary Fill Finish operations but will involve support to primary manufacturing operations. Reports to Senior Manager, Automation.
- Provides technical ownership and oversight of Automation systems.
- Ensures ongoing availability, reliability and compliance of the Automation systems. Plans and performs system maintenance and administration activities.
- Resolves operational issues, coordinates proactive and reactive activities associated with automation systems ensuring these occur in accordance with regulatory requirements, site standards and manufacturing scheduling constraints.
- Completes Automation system changes, improvements and projects in a timely manner to meet site objectives (e.g. financial, supply chain, write-offs, cGMP & HSE).
- Continuously explores and identifies new and improved solutions, targeted at improvement in quality and operational performance.
- Completes and supports quality deviation investigations related to Automation systems.
- Ensures all SOPs relating to Automation are maintained and aligned with the current process requirements for Automation Change Control.
- Liaises with other site Automation teams to ensure delivery of best practice and globally driven objectives.
- Researches, evaluates and recommends new systems to enhance the capabilities manufacturing
- Actively promotes a safety culture, ensuring all HSE responsibilities are fulfilled.
- Deputizes for Automation Leader when required.
- Assists with planning for the automation equipment so that efficiency and productivity are enhanced
- Tests and evaluates automation equipment to ensure reliability and efficiency
- Adapts automation equipment design to plant and production conditions
Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Automation or related discipline preferred
Professional engineering status C.Eng or equivalent preferred.
5+ years’ experience within Industrial Automation preferably in a biotechnology or pharmaceutical environment.
Expertise in PCS and/or other OEM SCADA/PLC systems and associated supporting IT. Experience of Siemens WinCC/S7 PLC, PCS7 and Optel vision and serialization systems is preferred.
Experience in the specification, design and implementation of automation systems and applications. In particular for secondary filling, inspection and packaging operations.
Delivery of biopharmaceutical industry and Engineering/Automation projects
Functional knowledge of cGMP, GAMP and best practice in automated systems lifecycle management and the operational management of automation systems.
Knowledge of current automation, systems security and functional/machinery safety standards and best practice.
Proven communication, multi-tasking, time management and leadership skills are essential.
Worker Sub Type: