Location Hinkley Point A
Region South West
Salary 370.00-390.00 GBP per day
Duration 12 Months
Civil Design Engineer
Day rate – 390 per day / 4 days per week
Contract 12 months / Inside IR35
firstname.lastname@example.org / 07824 362482
Purpose of Role
Civil Project Engineer to prepare design packages and enabling documentation (including but not limited to:- Risk assessments, technical specifications and method statements) in support of Asset and Infrastructure care scope
To provide fit for purpose engineering solutions for projects or engineering support on more complex projects. To ensure that design authority standards and configuration control are applied appropriately.
Essential experience and qualifications
- Experience in a practising disciplined Engineering role (Mechanical, Electrical, C & I or Civil) on industrial plant.
- Experience of nuclear and/or conventional project engineering
- Appropriate HNC, degree or National Qualifications Framework (NQF) level 5/6
- DM Training, Iosh safety training, working at height training and asbestos awareness
- Identify project functional requirements and stakeholder needs for assigned project.
- Contribute to production of Project Execution Plan including design, safety case and commissioning strategies.
- Support project optioneering process.
- Develop concept design and fit for purpose engineering solution for projects
- Produce and/or approve project technical specifications.
- Manage detailed design activities in accordance with design authority standards.
- Prepare modification proposals as required, acting as a Nominated Responsible Engineer where appointed.
- Carry out technical assessment/approval of contractors work instructions/method statements/risk assessments.
- Provide technical supervision of construction/deconstruction activities to ensure compliance with design intent.
- Approve as built drawings.
- Specify and provide technical supervision of commissioning and/or decommissioning.
- Manage hand over to systems/operations ensuring that all drawings, instructions and training have been supplied as required.
- Liaise and consult with system engineers and other stakeholders throughout project life cycle to ensure efficient and effective project delivery.
- Maintain site configuration control throughout project lifecycle.
- Comply with all Environment, Health, Safety, Security and Quality policies, procedures, work instructions and risk assessments and support the continuous improvement of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality on Site.
- As a customer-focused individual, the post holder will be expected to support delivery within his or her range of skills, knowledge, experience and competence.
- Review of on-site and off-site events and root cause analysis to promote improved working practices.
- The post holder may be required to undertake delegated responsibility for the Design Authority and act as a site intelligent customer
- Contribute to the effective development and delivery of training within own area of specialism.
- The post holder may be required to undertake emergency scheme duties.
Additional information about the process
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
Nuclear Works welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. Nuclear Works is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business