Since its formation, Red Kite has been producing award-winning games for a variety of different platform holders, studios and publishers. Specialising in complete multi-platform games development, Red Kite has a proven track record in the creation of cutting-edge games.
Having set up home in the beautiful Grade-II listed Park Row House in Leeds city centre, Red Kite Games continues to deliver unrivalled creatively led and technically proficient game development to the likes of Microsoft, Sony, 2K, Activision, SEGA and Codemasters.
Several high-profile titles include God of War III:
Remastered, Crackdown 3, Two Point Hospital, DiRT 4, Payday 2, Team Sonic Racing and Call of Duty: Strike Team.
It’s a very exciting time to join Red Kite; not only are we working on several high-profile games for current gen and next gen platforms, we're also developing our own IP.
Come join the team and help to make great games with a lovely bunch of people!
Red Kite are working on a variety of exciting open world AAA games and has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced graphics programmer to strengthen and shape one of our teams.
In this role you’ll be responsible for the delivery and integration of robust graphical features and associated engine and pipeline functionality, in collaboration with our multi-disciplined development teams.
Your knowledge and expertise will also be invaluable in supporting projects across a multitude of platforms, genres and game areas.
In your new role you will:
To be successful you will have:
- Work on a wide variety of projects and tasks, contributing to the development of bespoke graphics systems.
- Devise innovative solutions to overcome platform constraints.
- Follow best practices, development processes, documentation and coding standards.
- Mentor less experienced people share knowledge and best practices with the team.
- Assist in planning your work and the work of others.
- Shipped multiple titles.
- Delivered at least one title in DX12 or Vulkan.
- Strong C++ programming skills.
- Strong 3D math and problem-solving skills.
- Strong working knowledge of shaders.
- A broad knowledge of GPU architecture and contemporary graphics techniques.
- Knowledge of profiling tools (e.g. PIX, VTune, etc.).
- A passion for graphics, games and game technology.
Experience in any of these areas may be advantageous but not essential:
- Prior console development experience.
- Adoption of efficient development methodologies (e.g. continuous integration, automated testing, tools pipelines, etc.).
- Please Note* - In what are clearly unprecedented and challenging times for everyone due to COVID-19, Red Kite Games remains committed to hiring the best and brightest developers that our wonderful industry has to offer. We would also like to take this opportunity to alleviate any concerns in respect to applying to Red Kite during this period by stating that all applications will be processed and that all live job roles are still very much active. As expected the Red Kite team are currently setup temporarily to work remotely and should you wish to join our ambitious studio then the support and reassurance required to do so will be provided.
Red Kite Games is in central Leeds, a major European city connected to London by rapid rail links and the M1 motorway – plus the rest of the world via Leeds Bradford airport. Leeds is a financial, legal, cultural and commercial hub within Yorkshire. It's home to some of the best restaurants, bars and museums in the North of England, and is within easy reach of spectacular countryside (the Yorkshire Moors and Bronte Country), historical York and the Yorkshire East coast.
We offer a superb benefits package including but not limited to, generous holidays and flexitime. We care about our people, with an emphasis on work/life balance.
Red Kite is a social studio – the team regularly gather for drinks, game nights, film nights, to play sports etc. – making this a great place to build a career whilst making friends...and let's not forget Red Kite's legendary Summer BBQ and our epic Christmas party – plus much more!
One of the coolest components to working at Red Kite is the diversity of projects present within the studio. It's certainly never boring and we constantly find ourselves pushing the boundaries when it comes to the game-play that we're creating or the technologies that we're engineering/leveraging. Our highly experienced core team enables us to offer rewarding careers, along with the ability to help develop great games.
Red Kite's studio environment is relaxed, friendly and built upon the belief that working smarter is better than working harder. Every team member can shine, and we pride ourselves on providing a positive social atmosphere, facilitated by shared interest groups, after work clubs and charity fundraising events.
Ultimately, we’re looking for talented games developers that love what they do and want to make friends doing it!