Mechanical Engineer II (Job Number:
Mechanical Engineer II - Innovation
Cambridge, CB5 8PB
Days 37.5hours – speak to us about flexible working
Candidate Information Pack including benefits:
Bespak’s in-house Innovation team consists of around 40 colleagues working in partnership with our customers to bring new ideas to the market and create a new generation of drug delivery devices. At the Innovation Centre we get to see our designs go from early concept stage right through to manufacture for patient use.
We’re hiring for a Mechanical Engineer II to join our Innovation team. In this role you will be responsible for
- Supporting the development of new drug delivery devices, from early stage product concepts to ready for clinical trial product.
- Providing input to technical reports and design documentation.
- Procuring prototype parts such as rapid prototyping and machining.
- Carrying out diligent laboratory testing.
- Providing input into the development of mathematical models of system or component parts.
- Supporting technical analysis of mechanical systems, such as tolerance analysis, Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) and Design for Manufacturing and Assembly (DFMA)
To be successful in this role we’re looking for you to have the following skills, experience and knowledge
To view the role description:
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in an engineering subject.
- Demonstrable industry experience in a similar role
- CAD system experience – ideally Solidworks
- Knowledge of Rapid Prototyping techniques
- Experience of analytical engineering analysis and a range of engineering processes.
- Familiar with FMEA and DFMA
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace where all employees feel that they can be their real and authentic selves whilst being treated with dignity and respect. We are an equal opportunity employer who will review your application based solely on your skills, experience & potential.
What we offer you
We want to provide an environment where our colleagues play an active part in the growth of our business. A challenging but supportive environment where talented people can really grow and take advantage of a wide range of diverse opportunities that we offer.
We regularly benchmark ourselves against our industry and we are confident that we offer a competitive salary and benefits package to all our colleagues including 28 days holiday plus statutory holidays, 8% employer contribution to pension scheme, private medical insurance, group life assurance, employee share schemes and an active well-being programme.
Great locations as well as a positive, people-focused culture with charity and social activities a part of everyday life. It all contributes to creating a working environment which is friendly, supportive and nurturing.
Millions of patients all over the world rely on what we do
Bespak is a global market leader in the development and manufacture of drug delivery devices. We provide pharmaceutical companies around the world with inhaler and auto-injector technologies and development and manufacturing services.
Our culture is driven by five core values.
Integrity > Respect > Team Work > Results Driven > Customer Focus
Integrity drives mutual Respect. Integrity and Respect are the basis for Team Work. Integrity, Respect and Team Work promote a Results Driven and Customer Focused culture.
Making your application
To apply for this role please click “