Our Quality Department in Leeds has an opportunity for a Quality Engineer to join the team.
The Quality Engineer will provide continuous improvement for all departments and directly support the site quality manager. The team will contribute to ensuring the quality of Sika products, maintaining the standards and certifications that we have worked hard to achieve.
Everbuild - A Sika Company - a globally active speciality chemicals company offering a comprehensive range of products, including waterproofing systems, sealing, bonding and speciality mortars, across many construction and associated sectors.
Click here to learn more
In the UK, Sika have offices in Welwyn Garden City, Preston, and Leeds that you will visit from time to time for training, meetings, and customer events.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Supporting the team and delivering the UK strategy for Quality
- Conduct thorough investigations in response to customer complaints establishing root cause and corrective actions.
- Lead your own projects.
- Conduct training and development exercises.
- Make recommendations for improvements.
- Cover for the lab technicians on a flexible basis.
- Attend and lead meetings.
- Reporting on Quality measurement KPIs
- Promote a quality culture within in all areas of the Business.
- Internal auditing of processes and controls.
37.5 (Mon-Fri) Flexible Days
We Need Your Skills
To be successful in this role, we expect that you will have and be able to:
- Customer focused – Ensure customers receive timely feedback with initial findings and objectives set.
- Systematic reporting of outcomes through established industry standard techniques.
- Conduct projects and follow the businesses standardised approach for quality reports.
- Support for operations and other activities have 100% coverage from QC.
- Deliver continuous improvement to the business in all areas.
- Involve teams from relevant departments.
- Conduct a verification step to any new or improved processes.
- Attend meetings that are relevant.
- Lead or create CI meetings where necessary.
- Keeping the KPIs up to date set by the quality manager.
- Raise quality alerts on a weekly basis by area.
- Be visible and interact with all areas
- Conduct internal audits
Sunday 23rd February 2020 #LI_POST
Chemistry / Research & Development / Laboratory