Kalmar keeps global trade moving. Our innovative solutions contribute to every fourth container movement in the world and help transform the future of cargo handling. We believe in collaboration, delivering on our promises and that people make the difference.
Making your next move count
Kalmar Limited is looking for a Field Service Engineer who will be responsible for maintaining, servicing and repairing Kalmar and a third party equipment, whilst providing a good level of customer service, through product knowledge and customer interaction.
This role is based in and will be serving customers across the north west of UK.
It will report to the Regional Service Manager.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Undertakes servicing of Kalmar or third party equipment at our customer sites
- Completes to a high quality standard all service, repair, warranty and inspection jobs allocated daily
- Builds strong rapport and relationships with customers through professional behaviour and customer focused mindset
- Responds to routine enquiries from customers about the technical aspects of the organization’s products and services
- Troubleshoot, investigate, and resolve standard technical problems that arise, ensure ongoing customer satisfaction
- Develops skills and knowledge of the organisation’s products and service
- Complies with all legal and company standards, such as code of conduct and H&S practices.
The ideal candidate should have a customer focused approach and be a strong problem solver. They should possess strong communication skills, verbally and written, quality orientated, flexible and adaptable, as well as enthusiastic and self-driven. Participation in our 24hr call out rota is essential.
Ideally you have:
You will be part of:
- Mechanical/Electrical engineering qualifications
- Experience of heavy plant equipment
- Experience working with hydraulic systems
- Engineering degree level is preferrable
- PLC knowledge or experience and knowledge of Kalmar products is preferrable
- Excellent IT literacy, numeracy and analytical skills
- Able to read and follow electrical wiring diagrams
- Fault find and diagnostics of CANBUS Systems.
We believe in our people as it is our people who really make the difference. We always work in close collaboration with our customers, deliver on our promises and never walk away no matter how big the challenge. We succeed because we do it together.
With us, you will have the opportunity to realise your potential and become an important member of our global team.
Interested to join?
If you are excited about this opportunity, please submit your application and CV by 24.02.2020
Kalmar is part of Cargotec
Kalmar offers the widest range of cargo handling solutions and services to ports, terminals, distribution centres and to the heavy industry. Kalmar is the industry forerunner in terminal automation and in energy efficient container handling, with one in four container movements around the globe being handled by a Kalmar solution. Through its extensive product portfolio, global service network and ability to enable a seamless integration of different terminal processes, Kalmar improves the efficiency of every move. www.kalmarglobal.com
Kalmar is part of Cargotec Corporation. Cargotec's (Nasdaq Helsinki: CGCBV) sales in 2017 totalled approximately EUR 3.3 billion and it employs over 11,000 people. www.cargotec.com
If you are experiencing technical difficulty navigating through the career page, please contact us on email@example.com. We will do our best to assist you. Please note, we do not accept job applications at this email address.