ICT - 05 - 2021
Welbeck St, Marylebone, London W1G 0AY, UK
About Gerald Eve LLP
Gerald Eve provides property consultancy services to investors, occupiers and developers. We operate a national network of nine offices and an International Alliance, with partner firms covering 20 European countries and all major US markets. Our specialist sectors include industrial and logistics, alternative markets, the London office market, public sector and corporate real estate services.
Gerald Eve’s partners take pride in their reputation as leading experts and our highly regarded sector specialist teams continue to attract the best talent in the market. We offer comprehensive property advice to public and private sector clients, which includes over 40 of the FTSE100 and some of the largest property portfolios in the UK. Clients benefit from long-term trusted advisor relationships, with client teams providing advice across the full spectrum of property services.
What sets us apart from our competitors is the way in which we value our people, our size and open plan workspace which supports collaborative working. Gerald Eve thrives as a privately-owned partnership and the “we are all in this together” approach is respected across the business. Our values define our culture: Trust and Integrity, Respect, Friendliness and Excellence. We are a previous Times 100 Best Employer and Estates Gazette Employer of the Year 2018. Our Diversity approach is central to the business, championed by our Senior Partner, Simon Prichard, who is currently Chair of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) UK and Ireland Board.
What is it like to work at Gerald Eve?
Most new joiners to Gerald Eve remark on the friendly welcome they receive from colleagues. From lunch-time yoga and pilates classes, sports teams and book and chess clubs to pro bono and charity work, we strive to strike the right balance between work and social activities. In 2018, we won the Vitality Healthiest Workplace in the UK award (mid-sized firm) and we encourage healthy eating and mental wellbeing across the business.
We are a responsible business and recognise that our staff often benefit from flexible, agile working arrangements, something we are open to exploring with candidates.
About the Team
Our IT strategy has reached an exciting point in time, after an increase in investment the firm has now adopted Microsoft 365, and we are working to fully leverage the value this can bring to our organisation. Alongside the use of Microsoft 365 we also have some bespoke internal systems that we continually seek to develop. We are reshaping and building our IT capabilities to allow us to maximise the value we harness from the Microsoft Apps ecosystem.
This is a new role, and will focus on supporting our SharePoint Online implementation, as well as developing Microsoft applications including PowerApps, Power Automate and emergent Microsoft application services. You will apply your knowledge and experience in solution design, technical implementation, development and customer support.
We are looking for an experienced SharePoint Technical Specialist. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working both in teams and autonomously, is self-motivated and keeps up to date with current trends in technology. We are looking for people that are tenacious and that can demonstrate an ability to adapt and learn new technologies quickly.
The ideal candidate will have experience of stakeholder management, carrying out requirements gathering workshops, business analysis, change management and delivering training would also be highly advantageous. We are looking for candidates that are adept in the implementation and delivery of SharePoint solutions, focusing on SharePoint Online and the Power Platform with experience using the following tools:
- SharePoint Online
- Powershell using SharePoint and PnP Modules
- Microsoft Teams
- Power Automate
- Power BI
- SQL Server (on-prem and Azure)
- Identify, analyse, develop and digitise processes across the business to enable automation where possible
- Develop solutions leveraging the Power Platform
- Security by design is a key outcome to uphold building automated testing into the build and release pipelines
- Identify, analyse, and develop document automation opportunities including DocuSign
- Work closely with the business and users to gather requirements, provide status updates, and build relationships
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
- Proven ability to organise, plan and prioritise assignments within multiple projects
- Experience of providing detailed progress reports on multiple assignments to central project management function
- Must be able to work with minimal direction and be very flexible to coordinate complex activities that are often subject to rapid or extensive changes
- Update data where required
- Understand processes and procedures in our work flows to be able to make proactive suggestions on improving our data entry and integrity
- SharePoint configuration and administration
o Features, Search, Site Collections, Site Configuration, Security Configuration
- SharePoint solution approaches
o Intranet, extranet portals, collaboration portals, document management systems, bespoke applications delivered using Microsoft 365 as a platform and PowerApps and Power Automate
- SharePoint provisioning, automation and scripting
o CSOM, PowerShell, SharePoint PnP, Site Designs, CSS
o PowerApps, Power Automate, Teams
Technical skills (desired)
- Office 365 identity (Azure AD)
- ShareGate Migration toolset
- Office 365 applications
o Visio and Project in particular
o Websites, web jobs, web apps, Runbooks, SQL Azure and Azure functions
- A team player with excellent communication skills
- Analytical thinking and problem solving capability
- Strong business analyst and information architecture skills
- Ability to convert requirements into a solution architecture
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills
- Strong ICT literacy and confidence using new systems
- Interest in property related and geospatial data
- Awareness of the real estate industry is advantageous
- Communication skills; written and verbal
- Degree qualified – preferably with a technology background
- Relevant Microsoft exam accreditations are desirable
Salary and benefits
- Salary: competitive based on market, professional experience and qualifications
- Performance related staff profit share scheme
- 26 days’ holiday, plus Bank Holidays and days at Christmas and New Year.
- Pension scheme membership (after initial probationary period)
- Life and Accident insurance
- Group income protection scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Critical Illness Cover
- Wellbeing Allowance
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Interest Free Rental Deposit Loan
- Employee assistance programme
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay after two years’ service
Alongside our competitive compensation and benefits package we offer all our staff the ongoing opportunities to learn and develop, through in-house CPD sessions, further education support as well as internal and external training programmes. Gerald Eve encourage pro-bono work and volunteering as well as regular social and sporting activities to engage with all your colleagues.
Your progression will be supported and guided by managers and mentors using a transparent framework so you can clearly see what you need to do to get to where you want to be.
The normal hours of work for this position are 0900hrs to 1730hrs, Monday to Friday. The Firm’s core hours are from 10.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m. and you may choose to start and end your day around these hours, provided you still do your 7.25 hours per day.