WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals.
We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services.
A typical week would include:
Providing electrical engineering expertise for industrial projects with particular emphasis on the pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, fine chemicals, food, gas networks and process related industries.
Establishing client requirements and delivering engineering design solutions.
Applying technical judgment and resourcefulness to investigations, feasibility studies, concept and scheme designs, detailed design and construction support phase of projects.
Mainly office based in either Birmingham or Cardiff offices but with some UK and possibility of overseas travel.
Taking lead role in the Electrical department and providing support to others within the discipline as well as setting department standards.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- Degree qualified in electrical engineering
- Chartered Engineer (MIET)
- Significant experience in electrical engineering design on capital projects.
- Good knowledge and experience of electrical engineering design in fine chemicals, pharmaceutical, oil & gas, and/or food industries.
- Experience of 11kV/LV fault level calculations and protection studies
- Lighting design experience
- Good knowledge of motor controls including variable speed drives
- Good knowledge of electrical design in ATEX hazardous areas
- Experience of having worked within a contracting organisation.
- Good interpersonal skills and able to work as part of a multi-discipline team. Versatile, reliable and resourceful.
- Personal qualities that include the ability to gain trust and confidence with a variety of clients as well as within the company.
- Customer focus, commitment to quality management and problem solving.
- Ability to operate as a lead engineer on a variety of projects.
- Ability to effectively engage others to achieve project goals.
- Ability to work in complex organisations in a team environment and develop relationships and rapport with external clients and internal colleagues.
- Willingness to travel within the UK and overseas.
- Good attention to detail
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP – we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important – be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including a 37.5 hour working week, 25 days annual leave, pension schemes, life assurance, personal accident cover and paid professional subscriptions, and some not so standard benefits as part of our flexible benefits scheme – so if you would like to hop on a new bike (cycle to work scheme) or thrill the family with your Lego building skills (Discount at Legoland Windsor) – WSP can help!
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Our VIBE (LGBT + employee network) and PLEDGE (Promoting Leadership, Encouraging Diversity & Gender Equality) networks work with the business to help ensure we continue to promote the right environment to enable LGBT+ and female employees to reach their full potential, and to ensure we continue to promote equality, inclusivity and diversity for everyone.
Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
In addition we support our people to achieve their personal health and well-being goals through our Thrive programme.
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services firms providing technical consultancy to the built and natural environment. We believe that for societies to thrive, we must all hold ourselves accountable for tomorrow. For us, that means creating innovative solutions to the challenges the future will bring to the communities and environments where we live and work across the UK.
We are locally dedicated and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, programme and construction management professionals. Our experts design lasting solutions in the property & buildings, transportation & infrastructure, environment, industry, resources (including mining, and oil & gas) and power & energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. And safety and sustainability are embedded in everything that we do.
Check out www.wsp.com for more info about the great work we do.
Please note that WSP reserve the right to close this vacancy prior to the advertised closing date.