Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world. Providing a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional and construction- and program-management. Our 50,000+ employees in 400+ locations around the world serve a broad range of companies and organisations, including industrial, commercial, and government clients across multiple markets and geographies.
During our 125 years in the UK, we have been involved in some of the biggest and most challenging projects, delivering innovative and sustainable solutions to the country’s most critical issues, from access to clean air and safe water, civil and national security and safeguarding mobility. That’s because Jacobs is much more than just a traditional engineering company.
Ranked No. 1 by Fortune’s 2019 World's Most Admired Companies…
Source - http://fortune.com/worlds-most-admired-companies/list/filtered?industry=Engineering, Construction&sortBy=industry-rank
The Water & Environment business unit delivers design, project management and asset management consultancy services to a wide range of clients in the Water and Energy Sectors, across the UK. From feasibility studies and planning, to design, construction management and operations and maintenance, we bring together the talent and expertise necessary to deliver success, and we are proud of our extensive portfolio.
Our Hydraulic Modelling business operates as a UK-Wide technical discipline. We provide technical modelling, operations and strategic support to our clients in Water and Wastewater in the UK, and our Jacobs colleagues working on international projects. The business unit interfaces closely with the Technical Innovation, Digital Solutions and Conveyancing and Storage teams. Workload is very diverse, and we have teams based in a range of locations including Belfast, Manchester, Leeds, Glasgow, Birmingham and London.
Main responsibilities will include but are not limited to;
- Construction, calibration, maintenance and interrogation of strategic and All-Mains network models
- Identification of shortfalls / “Needs” in network performance and operations
- Development of sustainable, cost-effective and customer-focused solutions
- Management and co-ordination of site teams relating to site investigations, verification exercises and constructability reviews
- Preparation and presentation of technical reports and business cases
- Lead and present at internal and client / stakeholder meetings
- Location: Warrington or Manchester (flexibility to work in either).
- Chartered Engineer or working towards Chartership
- Proven ability in Hydraulic Network Modelling / Network Design Engineering
- Proficient in the use of modelling software (e.g. Infoworks, SynerGi, EPANet or Bentley WaterGEMS etc)
- Proficient in the use of GIS software (ArcGIS preferred)
- Highly competent in the use of MS Excel
- Good Technical Report-Writing skills and proven ability of producing technical reports in a previous role.
- Demonstrable knowledge of working on model maintenance projects, especially model updates, and model build and calibration.
- Demonstrable knowledge in the analysis of hydraulic models as part of engineering or capital project schemes, to produce data and recommendations to project teams.
- Skilled in the manipulation and handling of large datasets.
- Excellent client communication and relationship management skills with previous proven ability of working closely with clients in a previous role.
- Ability to work with a self-motivated approach, manage and prioritise own workload effectively.
- Proven ability in engineering design (e.g. Pipelines / Distribution Networks / Trunk Mains)
At Jacobs we see safety differently - we strive to go ‘BeyondZero’ by putting the health, safety and well-being of our employees first in everything we do.
We are committed to equality across our business and we work with external organisations such as STEM, WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and Stonewall . We are also Disability Confident Committed ; therefore, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy.
We encourage applications from candidates looking for flexible working or reduced hours’ contracts. Please also bear in mind that you do not need to meet 100% of the Essential Criteria to be considered for a position with Jacobs.
When you join Jacobs you will have access to a wide range of Global Networks , centred on inclusion and diversity which is the foundation of our business and at the centre of our values.
To find out more about our networks, please visit our website; www.jacobs.com
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.