We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus includes six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
The Graphics & Data Support OB Team is at the cutting edge of the convergence between traditional broadcast and IT cultures on Sky’s high profile outside broadcasts, from the far flung corners of the world on F1 to the prestigious football stadiums of the UK to name a few. If you’re a forward thinking engineer that likes the challenge of a broad range of new technology, would like the variety of travel in a proactive broadcast role this is the opportunity you have been looking for. From IP transition to VR graphics, Sports analysis to data feeds, M6 toll road to Houston Airport the Outside Broadcast area is a chance for motivated individuals to excel. The industry is moving towards IP delivery as standard, this role will play a part in shaping how this comes into everyday workflow
- Attend broadcasts and ensure that high quality proactive maintenance and reactive support is provided for the Graphics and Data Systems on which Sky’s Production business depends.
- Configure and test contribution equipment in conjunction with MCR before deployment.
- Define specification, manage and maintain OB broadcast systems to meet client requirements and service availability levels.
- Manage incidents and prevent repetition of faults, improve system availability. Where necessary escalate faults for resolution to third party providers or relevant sky technical teams.
- Create and evaluate technical and procedural documentation for the team and other interested parties.
- Collaborate with the Live Content Delivery teams to ensure best practices and highest operational standards are achieved.
- Have a good academic background, particularly in a technical discipline. With a proven track record in delivering broadcast IT solutions.
- Experience in the transmission or transport of video and audio over IP.
- Understanding of SD/HD/UHD/MPEG-4 AVC /H264, MPEG-5 HEVC Video Standards.
- Understanding of Dolby E and Dolby Digital, Dolby ED-2 ac-4 Audio Standards.
- Experience with uncompressed video standards ST2010 and ST2022.
- Knowledge of networks TCP/IP/UDP/RTP and VLAN configuration, encapsulation of Transport Streams into IP
- Excellent communications and inter-personal skills, sound customer service, motivational skills and experience in technical troubleshooting
- Previous experience with broadcast graphics solutions desirable
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know:
if your application is successful, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your criminal record check.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
A job you love to talk about