02 May 2020
Bristol, GB, BS16 1EJ
Here at Cavendish Nuclear we are looking to recruit a Process Engineer based at our new office, The Babcock Technology Centre in Bristol. You will join a team that has vast experience in Nuclear Engineering and provide professionally competent specialist services to our many clients.
This role will be heavily involved with Civil and Defence Nuclear projects, using your experience you will provide engineering conceptual and detailed design, drawings, modelling, calculations, and technical solutions in the delivery of complex customer funded programmes. This position will offer a chance to get exposure to a variety of cutting edge work packages and will benefit from great support by the senior engineers allowing an opportunity to grow and develop.
This is a highly rewarding position working within a market leading nuclear engineering organisation. We support UK and international nuclear power stations with a range of services and strive to be best in class across our various contracts.
- Working in accordance with the Being Cavendish Nuclear Principles.
- Ensuring that procedures, codes and standards are correctly identified and applied to engineering and technical activities.
- Producing calculations, analyses, drawings, models, design base documentation and technical reports and supervising trainee staff in production of same.
- Supervising designers in the production of drawings and engineering models.
- Producing technical Scopes of Work.
- Producing technical specifications, assessing tender returns and providing technical support to those packages throughout the design, construction, installation, commissioning, operation and decommissioning phases of the project to ensure that the Design Intent is maintained.
- Carrying out design risk assessments.
- Reviewing design changes.
- Assessing concessions and technical queries.
- Raising design quality plans for single discipline work packages.
- Preparing designs for hazard identification and HAZOP studies.
- Ensuring that adequate Reviewing, Verifying & Approval is undertaken on all their deliverables.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Engineering or Science degree qualified preferred. HND/HNC as a minimum.
- Demonstrable experience post degree qualification covering a range of engineering/technical topics.
Successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
About Cavendish Nuclear
We are proud to be the UK’s leading supplier to the nuclear industry and a growing global force.
From our inception during the earliest days of nuclear research and development, we recognised that a focus on people and the expertise they deliver is the key to meeting the challenges of this exciting technology.
We’ve been true to that ideal ever since and our approach has seen us bring together much of the UK’s rich nuclear heritage with a highly skilled workforce, more than 6,000 strong, to create the innovative organisation you see today.
As a wholly owned subsidiary of Babcock International Group, we are trusted to deliver the highest standards of safety, quality, security and environmental protection for our customers. Our business is supported by the three cornerstones of safety, people and performance – zero harm, one inclusive culture and 100% delivery on our promises.