Closing Date: 27 January 2020
At Arup, we design and deliver ground-breaking icons through our work in infrastructure, building design and specialist technical services. Independent in ownership and spirit, we're a global firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical experts who use our skills to make a positive difference in the world.
Due to our global reach and multi-disciplinary approach, Arup has been successful in the assessment and development of major sites for more than 30 years. We typically take on challenging sites and through the application of our skills, and collaboration with colleagues and other professionals, we prepare the sites to be consented and enabled for a range of end uses including small to large mixed-use developments, including housing and employment uses, public spaces, urban and transport related infrastructure and energy generation and distribution. We also provide support on a wide range of projects in the built environment including designing external drainage, utilities, highways and public realm for hospitals, sports stadia, educational and commercial buildings.
The experience and skills of our teams allow us to provide advice at all stages of a project, from first conception through master planning, detailed design and construction.
We aim to offer a complete service, resulting in a team that collaborates with a broad range of other Arup services. Our teams also work closely with many external bodies involved in the delivery of major projects.
Current projects are varied, exciting and often high profile. They include the design of external works for major developments and of infrastructure across the UK, international projects, and site development projects on brownfield land where our integrated approach can radically influence what is built and where thus improving the quality of peoples' lives and of the local environment.
As one of the world's leading building and infrastructure design consultancies, we offer clients the innovation and technical know-how to continually deliver their projects on schedule and on budget, but without compromise.
Are you interested in a career in Civil Engineering?
Right now we're looking for graduates to join our team of bright professionals. From your first day, you'll join an unrivalled community of experts, where everyone is supported in their career path and encouraged to work towards a professional qualification.
You'll help us to deliver effective and professional services for a range of varied and high-profile clients. While you'll have a great deal of responsibility from day one, we'll give you the chance to take on more as you progress and broaden your skills.
The person is expected to have a good understanding of CAD and Digital tools. Experience of design projects would be beneficial.
You will provide support to team members to deliver an effective and professional service to our clients. Due to the multi-disciplinary nature of our design teams, you will have the opportunity to work alongside experts.
We're looking for graduates with curiosity, personal drive and technical knowhow.
We're looking for the following qualifications, attributes and skills:
- Ideally a Masters in Civil Engineering (or equivalent) at 2.1 or above, although a BEng at 2.1 or above will also be considered
- Studying, or have studied, an ICE accredited course
- Possess a strong working knowledge of Office and demonstrate an ability to learn new software within a working environment that utilises 3D design and digital automation
- Some experience with coding languages
- Enthusiasm for a career in Civil Engineering, underpinned by a knowledge and understanding of our sector and work
- Analytical thought process
- Seek to improve existing ways of working, by finding efficiencies in processes
- The aptitude to work on your own initiative and be proactive
Arup offers extensive opportunities for your personal and career development and:
- A competitive salary and settling in allowance
- Profit share scheme
- A comprehensive benefits package, including a flexible benefits fund and highly competitive pension
- An interesting and varied workload
- The opportunity to work on international projects
- Technically challenging projects that will stretch and challenge your skills
- Opportunities to work abroad
- A supportive and friendly team, based in an excellent working environment
- Mentorship and support towards professional accreditation and career development opportunities
Does this role sound of interest to you? Please find further information below:
Assessment centres will take place from December 2019, so we recommend that you apply as soon as possible so you don't miss out on this exciting opportunity.
Our Graduate Welcome Week will take place in September 2020. Although we can be flexible on start dates we would hope that the successful candidate will join their peers for this event.
Please note that we are unable to offer Tier 2 visa sponsorship for this role. Therefore you must ensure that you are eligible to work in the UK without our sponsorship in order for your application to be considered.
Job Type: Full-time