The Lead QA Engineer will lead a team of QA Engineers that are responsible for testing our web based product, REST based APIs, Mobile iOS and Android products and Microservices. This highly visible and mission critical position will be responsible for testing products that process tens of millions of online golf rounds per year.
The responsibilities also include defining test strategies, building automated testing frameworks and working with the business leaders, technology team and other stakeholders within the company, resulting in the development of innovative solutions for BRS Golf and GolfNow worldwide.
The Lead QA Engineer will be a key member of a multi-disciplinary team that is responsible for new development, feature additions, maintenance and support of the BRS Golf platform, services & integrations by;
Managing a Team of QA Engineers, performing People Management duties such as objective setting, performance reviews, facilitating personal development and building expertise.
Defining and implementing a long-term strategy for the QA Team that articulates and delivers the quality agenda and is aligned with and contributes to overarching business goals.
Defining automated test strategy and being hands on with automation implementation.
Designing, writing and executing tests for both functional and non-functional requirements.
Leading and mentoring the QA Engineers and acting as an ambassador for quality and excellence through cross department knowledge sharing.
Participation in all planning, communication and retrospective meetings.
Documenting analysis, test strategy, test execution and test results.
Involvement in root cause analysis and track defect resolution to completion.
Ensuring products and features are tested to a high standard to ensure quality standards are met prior to release.
Implementing continuous integration and continuous delivery automated pipelines.
Identification of risks with timely escalation.
It is essential that candidates have;
- BSc in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or equivalent.
- Experience of managing a Team of QA or Software Engineers, performing People Management duties such as objective setting, performance reviews, facilitating personal development and building expertise.
- Professional QA experience of at least 5 years with a good understanding of Internet technologies, software design, databases, web servers, security, APIs and technical debt.
- Previous hands on experience with QA methodologies and coding experience within a commercial environment.
Candidates must also be able to demonstrate;
- Demonstrable familiarity with best practice agile delivery principles & supporting processes.
- The ability to manage, communicate and influence across multiple stakeholder groups.
- Be highly organized, self-motivated with a proactive and enthusiastic attitude.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with attention to detail.
- Eligibility to work in the UK.
Additional Skills and Experience that would be desirable
- An understanding of or experience within the Golf/ Leisure industry.
- Experience of working within an agile development environment.
Highly competitive with a generous benefits package
23rd October 2020
BRS Golf, a division of GolfNow, Golf Channel and NBC Sports, is the leading provider of online tee time booking systems to golf clubs throughout UK, Ireland and the US with GolfNow being the world’s largest online golf reservation platform. Our technology, services and distribution help Golf Course operations increase their rounds and revenue, expand their markets and manage their businesses. Just ask the owners and operators at more than 8,000 courses in North America, the U.K. and Europe.
These are exciting times for the game of golf and those who love and live it. As part of GolfNow we are driving forward and reshaping an entire industry by disrupting the status quo, building innovative new web based and mobile products, and assisting Golf Course operators to build profitable and sustainable businesses.
It’s a great time to be part of the business and our employees are part a truly global company within the NBC Universal International wider corporate family. Although we “keep a start-up spirit” and have an internal feel of a small agile company, we can leverage all the benefits and resources of an international corporate community. We work closely with our Orlando US based colleagues in GolfNow, Golf Channel, NBC Universal International and Comcast.
This is a great opportunity to tee-off your career with Belfast Chamber of Trade & Commerce’s “Best Company to work for” 2016 and 2017 and “Best Office” 2018 and be part of an exciting business with plans for significant future growth.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.