Multiple Roles Both Permanent and Short Term Contracts
Fibrus Ltd is an exciting new telecommunications provider seeking to transform the digital infrastructure of rural and regional Northern Ireland by investing in excess of £100m to bring full fibre broadband to homes and businesses across Northern Ireland.
Fibrus is owned by Infracapital, a leading infrastructure investor, who have a strong track-record in delivering, owning and managing investments in full fibre broadband projects.
The significant investment from Infracapital has allowed Fibrus to put in place a team that is simply second to none and we will only recruit the best. By that we mean people with exceptional commitment & ability.
As a Fibre Planner you will be working on new and existing design projects as Fibrus rolls out its FTTH network across N. Ireland. Working with the Planning Manager you will have responsibility for ensuring our design partners produce fibre designs that are compliant with our agreed network architecture guidelines and contain the necessary detailed information to ensure build and cost accuracy. Additionally, you will have the responsibility to ensure each area design yields the maximum number of premises passed possible within the cost guidelines for the project.
We need a self-motivated individual with a keen eye for detail, who can work both on their own and as part of a team, liaising with both engineers and senior staff.
The Role / Responsibilities
- Ownership of FTTH network design from survey to design to build and into maintenance
- Overseeing outputs from our design partners to ensure they meet architectural guidelines and contain the necessary information to ensure build and cost accuracy.
- Working alongside design partner optimising designs to ensure maximum yield of premises passed by our fibre network within the cost per home budget
- To drive consistency, quality, suitability and cost-effectiveness with every design and build.
- Production of reactive desktop designs and feasibilities to leverage new opportunities
- If necessary, produce construction & cabling work packages for internal and/or external teams
- Ensure that all works comply with guidelines and relevant codes of practice.
- Work with the Project Manager to deliver project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs
- Work closely with relevant stakeholders, internal, external, local authorities to ensure effective and efficient implementation of the infrastructure and react to any changes necessary
- Design and maintain accurate systems to support the planning process
The perfect person will come from a telecoms background coupled with extensive planning experience – previous experience working for a major UK telecom company is requisite.
You will contribute to the culture of curiosity, commitment and collaboration demonstrating how they reflect the following attributes:
- 3-5 years FTTP planning experience and current knowledge of associated passive network elements and optical budget limitations
- Solid understanding of PON type architectures
- Proven ability to design and create fit for purpose and cost-effective fibre optic networks to include topology layout, fibre splice plans, cable duct and routing
- Proven ability to complete a ‘concept’ (aspirational) design for walking the route/ joint survey with contractors
- Proven ability to complete a ‘technical’ (factual) design and pack for issuing for build
- Ability to interpret and translate a set of architectural guidelines into a set of design rules for our design partner
- Proven ability to carry out joint validation surveys with contractors to establish the most effective trench/fibre routes and chambers locations (based on cost, practicality and H&S etc)
- Detailed understanding of UK/NI local and national authority regulations in respect to civil engineering works
- Detailed understanding and working experience of Wayleaves
- Good knowledge of Streetwork regulations
- Demonstrable experience in use of a range of GIS software e.g. QGIS
- Full driving licence highly preferable but not essential.
- Focused on delivering results
- Belief in the project
- Willingness to go the extra mile
- Thinking and reflecting about the project
- Team player
- Track record of achievement in any field
- Can demonstrate investment in your career development and progression
- Good level of natural intelligence
- Common sense approach
- Personality – interacts comfortably with other people
- Adaptive communication style
Fibrus is an equal opportunities employer
Job Type: Full-time