Full Stack / WordPress Developer
Babcock Corporate Services
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced Full Stack / WordPress developer to help us deliver a wide range of solutions using WordPress / React JS.
You will be working on:
- One page campaign style sites
- Large corporate sites
- WooComerce stores
- Custom built solutions
- Building and maintaining a component / block library
- Work on a number of product roadmaps
- Support and maintain existing solutions
What do I need to do the role?
Skills and Experience
Whilst we don’t expect you to meet all of the following requirements, here is a list of what we consider valuable for the role:
- Mid-level WordPress development experience including theme and plugin development
- Experience building Gutenberg blocks
- Installation and configuration of WordPress
- Front end development HTML5, CSS (Flexbox), SASS, Gulp
- Version control using git in a team environment
- Understanding of DevOps / Azure DevOps and automated processes for building, testing, deployment
- Experience using PHP, MySQL, Apache, Linux / Ubuntu terminal commands
- Experience using front end frameworks (Bootstrap, Foundation, Fabric) and an understanding of responsive design.
- SEO best practices and good working knowledge of Google Analytics and Tag Manager
- Ability to test and debug your own code in multiple browsers, devices
- Ability to monitor a website’s performance and identify and trouble shoot technical problems
- Ability to take design files and convert to HTML
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team
- Understanding of coding best practices ensuring all code is lean, bug free and semantically correct including compliance with WCAG 2.0 AA and AAA where possible and W3C validation.
- Some experience using container technologies such as Docker in local dev environment
- Experience working with and building API's
- Experience using WordPress as a headless CMS
Babcock employ 35,000 people in the UK and internationally to deliver critical, complex engineering services across three key markets; defence, emergency services and civil nuclear.
What else do I need to know?
You must have or be able to gain MOD SC security clearance and other security clearances as contracts demand; e.g. Met Police, CRB Check.
If you are currently employed by Babcock/Cavendish Nuclear please let your line manager know that you’re applying for this vacancy. You should also let them know if you are attending an interview or assessment for a role. Please note that you will not be able to access the vacancy details after the closing date so you may wish to keep a copy of this advert and any supporting documents for your records. We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.