Position Purpose & Summary
To support the Engineering Team Leader to carry out effective maintenance across the site.
- Assist the engineering & operations management teams to ensure safe plant, safe systems of work and a safe working environment is achieved and maintained in compliance to the higher of local, national, European or corporate standards.
- Responsible for Line process equipment and to assist with Site services equipment where required.
- To ensure there is clear & consistent communication & leadership of shift operations, including; downtime monitoring & targeting, tasks & resource planning & scheduling, auditing & management of process check sheets, maintaining of food safe environment, housekeeping & safety standards leadership & auditing, management and control of contractors & suppliers, engineering permits and shift hand-over coordination.
- To ensure correct use of the CMMS system across allocated shift, including timely & accurate information input and use of diagnostic tools to review & optimise plant performance.
- Work with the engineering management team and Engineering Team Leader to develop and implement a sustainable maintenance best practice regime across site to maximise plant reliability, efficiency and safety.
- Take active role as required in small project coordination to include project scope, timetable of works, EH&S planning, budget allocation & control and project implementation.
- Coordinate with site operations to ensure assigned tasks from the Business Plan, Operating Plan, EH&S Plan and Engineering Plan are achieved.
- Work with the engineering management team to monitor relevant Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and bench marking data and use to target plant & process improvement and shared best practice.
- In the absence of the Engineering Management Coordinator or Team Leader take leadership of the allocated shift period and continue operational duties and designated tasks
Recognised Engineering qualifications - City & Guilds/18th Edition or equivalent
Multi-skill - Electrical bias preferred
Experience of engineering working within a team at fast moving production environment, ideally with a food environment.
GCSE / CSE in English & Mathematics
Knowledge of Health & Safety Legislation (Including COSHH, RIDDOR)
Understanding of Food Hygiene and food safety legislation
Formal Environmental Health & Safety qualifications or experience would be advantageous
Knowledge of Risk Assessments, specifically PUWER
Experience of using Maximo CMMS
Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Ability to work as part of a shift/team
Interested? Then please send us your CV and cover letter today. Anne Oxton is the Consultant managing this role, and can be reached on 0161 707 1516 or email email@example.com
The recruitment process and your data
This role is managed by Cargill’s recruitment partner, Morson International. By submitting your CV for this role, you are providing your consent to your CV and application details being sent to Morson International for the purposes of managing the recruitment process. If you have any questions about how Morson International will use your data for this application process please contact Anne Oxton via 0161 707 1516. If you have any questions about how Cargill will use your data for this application process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Primary Location United Kingdom-ENG-Wolverhampton
Job Type Standard