AAMP Global Ltd is a market-leading manufacturer of aftermarket and original equipment manufacture (OEM) technology – we provide access to the latest in-vehicle technology, no matter the age of the vehicle.
Formed in 1987, we have over 30 years of experience providing innovative solutions to more than 7,000 customers, whether that’s enhanced audio equipment, improved safety features or in-vehicle entertainment. We are experts in vehicle electrical systems and we’re able to install new technology in both commercial and passenger vehicles.
We are currently seeking a Junior Development Engineer to join us on a permanent, full-time basis in Bordon.
- Salary of up to £30,000 per annum
- 20 days’ holiday (rising to 25 with service) plus eight Bank Holidays
- Pension Scheme
- Free parking
- Life assurance
This is a fantastic opportunity for a product or electronic engineer preferably from an automotive electrical/electronic background to join us and expand their skills within a marketing-leading business.
We are proud of our enviable reputation which is built on the principles of providing a reliable, customer-focused and in-house service. In order to maintain our market position, we need exceptional people on the team. And that’s where you come in.
So, if you are an engineering professional looking to join a fast-paced, dynamic organisation and develop your career, we would like to hear from you.
As a Junior Development Engineer, you will provide engineering knowledge and support to the R&D Team.
Working with the main Product Development Team, you will design and develop new products, product specifications and solutions and provide support to the Product Managers.
You will ensure all standards are met, manage timeframes in line with project deadlines, and be responsible for all supporting paperwork.
Building and maintaining strong working relationships between relevant departments, you will:
- Use C/C++ coding language for bare metal software development
- Create test examples and schedules for prototypes from circuit diagrams and supplier information
- Manage and work with APIs for client interfaces
- Carry out electronic assembly, prototype and module assembly as well as wiring and soldering etc.
- Support existing products through testing, quality management and technical support
- Create detailed wiring diagrams and product specifications
- Carry out supplier selection in liaison with the Quality Team
To be considered as a Junior Development Engineer, you will need:
- Previous experience in product and/or electronic engineering roles
- Experience of fitting pre-made cable assemblies and/or wiring harnesses
- Automotive electrical and/or electronic experience desirable but not essential
- Knowledge of current and future product statutory type approvals and processes
- Knowledge of installing and assembling connectors and terminals
- Knowledge of diagnostic tools and an understanding of wiring diagrams
- The ability to disassemble and reassemble vehicles desirable not essential
- Familiarity with drafting standards
- A proven team player, with excellent communication skills at all levels
- To be organised, reliable and thorough, with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office Applications, 2D and CAD
- A City & Guilds/HND or equivalent experience
Experience in SolidWorks, Rapid Harness and Altium would be preferred. Familiarity with CAN systems, and integrating into these would be beneficial to your application, as would knowledge of E-Marking, CE, and RED.
Other organisations may call this role Development Engineer, NPD Engineer, New Product Development Engineer, Product Engineer, Electronics Engineer, or Electronic Design Engineer.
AAMP Global Ltd is an equal opportunities employer, we value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are seeking your next challenge as a Junior Development Engineer, please select the apply button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.