If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
The Technical Design Authority team within MSI UK Software & Services (UKS&S) has responsibility for the generation of designs for a wide range of Customer and internal Technical Services. The group holds the Technical Architecture and in-life Technical Design Authority for these Technical Services and is responsible for ongoing design changes and technology refresh strategies for both the Airwave service and Emergency Services Network (ESN). Designs are generated both internally and by working with external suppliers.
The Technical Design Authority Team is part of the Core Engineering Design Team which resides with the UKS&S Engineering organisation and works closely with other teams throughout, such as Service Design & Introduction, System Test, Integration etc.
This role is based in either our Rugby OR Hemel Hempstead offices, this Graduate role does require an amount of travel to our customer sites and other Motorola offices.
The Graduate System Engineer will report to the Technical Design Authority Team Manager.
The Graduate System Engineer will assist other System Engineers in developing and maintaining Technical Designs. Designs are developed through a standard documented Design process initiated through Requirements capture, progressed through collaborative design reviews and culminating in final design approval and handover into Test and then deployment.
The Graduate System Engineer will work in the post sales phases of projects and may support multiple projects in parallel. There may also be a requirement to occasionally provide support to pre-sales activities or other internal teams.
It is expected that the Graduate System Engineer will also maintain a close relationship with the following Airwave teams:
- Integration Team.
- Test Team.
- Service Design & Introduction.
- Operational Support.
In addition, the Graduate System Engineer will be expected to search out and form relationships with relevant MSI global product and engineering teams where appropriate.
- The Graduate System Engineer with engage in the following activities;
- Assist the Technical Design Authority in developing UKS&S services.
- Grow knowledge to become a subject matter expert (SME) for the allotted designs within UKS&S, both internally within Motorola and externally with customer and suppliers.
- Assist in the development, delivery and the maintenance of High Level Designs (HLD)
- Assist in the development, delivery and the maintenance Low Level Design Documentation (LLD)
- Participate in Design Reviews
- Preparing project information (design presentation, cost estimates) to deliver the solution.
- Assist in presenting solution designs to customers and senior internal stakeholders.
- There are no line management responsibilities.
The following skills are considered essential:
The following skills are considered highly desirable:
- First degree (Minimum 2.1) or equivalent in Electronic Engineering, Communications Engineering, Telecommunications, IT or related subject.
- Has both an interest and understanding of the fundamentals of telecoms Engineering and the ability and drive to build on this knowledge through the available technical design experience within UKS&S.
- The Graduate System Engineer will have a strong interest in the design/deployment of telecom systems solutions within the mobile communications or IT industry.
- Computer & IT skills (good technical knowledge of MS Windows, Linux).
- Graduate level Knowledge of Telecommunications network platforms and services.
- Understanding of IP network technology (routing & Switching) and architectures.
- Understanding of technical security aspects.
Knowledge or experience in the following areas would be beneficial;
- Software Design.
- Analogue Systems design.
- Understanding of Cloud technologies, Software Defined Networks (SDN) and Systems Virtualisation.
- RF technology.
- System Design methodologies.
‘We are an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.’
CONNECT WITH A CAREER THAT MATTERS
We’re dedicated to designing and delivering the mission-critical ecosystem our public safety & enterprise customers refer to as their
lifeline – mission-critical communications, software, video and services. Our drive for continuous innovation and partnership with our customers enables them to be ready – in the day-to-day moments, and in the moments that matter most.
Referral Payment Plan