Vacancy No VN235
Employment Type Full-Time
Primary Work Location B&CE - Manhattan
Description B&CE are now recruiting for an Infrastructure Engineer to join our growing 3rd line Infrastructure team. If you have experience with supporting infrastructure and want to work with Azure and automation of tasks, processes and deployments then read on for more information…
Our Infrastructure Engineer will be joining an existing Infrastructure team and will be responsible for managing the physical, virtual and cloud-based IT Systems to maintain IT services to support B&CE’s internal customers and group activities. You’ll be providing 3rd level support for all network, storage and business system service requests in addition to adhering to ITIL best practices and assisting in the development, implementation and enforcement of IT policies.
Some key Responsibilities:
- Perform maintenance, design, development and analysis of entire infrastructure systems inclusive of Cloud, LANs, WANs, internet, security and wireless implementations
- Automation of processes to streamline day to day activities including automation of deployments, VM automation and IaC
- Apply and uphold a strong service delivery ethos ensuring that it surpasses the customer’s expectations
- Perform day-to-day business as usual operational activities, ensuring scheduled jobs are performed
- Capacity management of B&CE’s information systems both on-premise and cloud
- Regularly report to management system performance including trending, resource and service issues
- Define standardised software and hardware standards in collaboration with stakeholders and owners
- Actively practice ITSM methodologies to provide additional value-added functionality to the IT Infrastructure team service offering, advancing to Level 4 of the ITSM maturity model
- Perform escalation procedures for important and urgent issues that potentially impact IT service availability to internal and external customers
What makes you right for this role?
- 3rd level Infrastructure and system support within an ITIL framework
- Delivery of IT systems within a dynamic and fast-moving business
- Demonstrable experience with Azure
- Wanting to work with automation of tasks, processes and deployments
- IT Project participation and delivery
- Strong PowerShell Scripting skills
Perks Our people are our strength so finding ways to value and reward them is important to us. That’s why we offer an award-winning pension – it’s what we’re good at – plus health care cover, an onsite gym, access to a personal trainer… even the odd massage. And if they’re feeling peckish after all that activity, they can always refuel in our subsidised restaurant or grab some fruit – we get a big delivery every week. Discover more of B&CE’s employee benefits including our training programme, which is designed to give our people the support they need to develop a fulfilling career.