What if you could work with remarkable people on extraordinary things? What if the end result was something a little bit special? What if your role was mission critical?
For nearly 70 years, AWE has been at the forefront of nuclear weapons research and development. We have a critical mission: to provide the warheads for the UK’s ultimate deterrent – Trident. We also use our unique skills to provide wider UK government with counter-terrorism and nuclear threat reduction solutions.
It takes a special sort of person to work at AWE. What if that person was you?
21st September 2021
£33,000 -c£49,000 per annum ) plus a market leading contributory pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement, excellent work/life balance including a 9-day working fortnight and flexible working hours (role dependent).
It takes a special sort of person to work at AWE. What if that person was you? AWE plays a crucial role in nuclear defence, providing the warheads for the UK’s nuclear deterrent. What we do is unique and so are the people who work here.
You will provide local Quality expertise to support numerous internal or external stakeholders of within their specific area. Work as part of a cross functional team to deliver improvement through collaboration on projects and programmes. You will ensure that Quality is represented at all stages of programme, project, trial or production. Provide technical guidance and customer support to ensure that deliverables and targets are met.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- ONC/HNC or equivalent in a relative discipline and/or extensive practical experience.
- Good working knowledge of Quality Management Systems and related standards (e.g. Health & Safety, Environment, Security).
- Good inter-personal/negotiation/communication skills.
- Good report writing and presentation skills.
- Good understanding of configuration and change management techniques.
- Understanding of improvement techniques, such as Lean, Six Sigma, RLI, etc.
- Influencing and engaging with management.
- Ability to develop, implement and maintain management systems, processes, procedures and other supporting documentation.
- Completion of vendor selection monitoring and management processes.
- Auditing from definition/scheduling through to implementation, reporting and close out.
- Providing quality resource estimates and budgets.
- Supports the application and adherence to LC 17 and accreditation to ISO 9001:2015
Please note that you must be a British National to apply for a role at AWE.
AWE plays a crucial role in the defence of the United Kingdom, by providing and maintaining the warheads for the country’s nuclear deterrent. We are a centre of scientific, engineering and technological excellence, with some of the most advanced research, design and production facilities in the world. Our unique expertise also assists the UK Government in developing and delivering a range of innovative and integrated support services, including national nuclear security and counter-terrorism solutions.
AWE is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at AWE, including women, BAME and people with disabilities.