At Synopsys, we’re at the heart of the innovations that change the way we work and play. Self-driving cars. Artificial Intelligence. The cloud. 5G. The Internet of Things. These breakthroughs are ushering in the Era of Smart Everything. And we’re powering it all with the world’s most advanced technologies for chip design and software security. If you share our passion for innovation, we want to meet you.
Senior R&D Engineer
Does this sound like a good role for you?
We are seeking a talented R&D engineer, with expertise in scientific computing and software development, who will join the Synopsys TCAD team to develop exciting physics-based simulation platforms, used by semiconductor corporations, research institutions, and universities worldwide. Primary responsibilities include designing, developing, and implementing software infrastructure components, novel physics and geometry modeling engines to enable the fast and accurate simulation of large semiconductor devices, interconnects and circuits consisting of many interconnected devices. You will be joining a high-performing and collaborative R&D culture with diverse expertise, experience and interests in software development and scientific computing, and will enjoy a creative and international work environment.
- PhD or MS in Computer Science, Engineering or Applied Mathematics with + 3 years of development experience.
- Experience with modern algorithms for the computational solution of partial differential equations or 3D unstructured mesh generation.
- Strong design/programming skills in C++ and strong background in data structures and algorithms.
- Experience developing FEM (finite element method) or FVM (finite volume method) analysis simulators in commercial and/or industrial/research lab settings.
- Background in computational geometry and applied mathematics.
- Parallel programming (TBB, OpenMP, MPI).
- Knowledge of structure generation using implicit or explicit methods.
- Experience developing image processing algorithms (2D and 3D).
Inclusion and Diversity are important to us. Synopsys considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, military veteran status, or disability.