Industry Energy (Waste-to-Energy)
Discipline Project Management
Start ASAP - notice period accepted
Experience 3 - 5 years
Salary 35 - 45k£ based on profile, experience & skills
Location Grangemouth (Scotland)
Type of contract Permanent
HR in charge Aurelia Cherradi / email@example.com
Since its creation in 2009, FORTIL, an engineering consultancy now has 19 branch offices across Europe including UK, France, Switzerland, Belgium and Italy with more than 650 employees. We have a common objective: grow and develop along with our teams.
Joining FORTIL UK means joining a team of business engineers and recruiters. Established for a year in the South West region, our expertise is in Life Sciences, Transport, Energy and Finance fields. This first year has been a success thanks to our consultants who are both technical experts and drivers of innovative ideas.
FORTIL UK guides start-ups and big groups and meet their needs by providing skilled and talented project teams and individual consultants. We deploy custom-made solutions to offer relevant advice and we put our know-hows and recruitment experiences to the service of our clients’ projects.
YOUR FIRST PROJECT AS A CONSULTANT
We are expanding and to strengthen our team of consultants, we are looking for a Planning Engineer. FORTIL is working on a waste treatment and recovery plant project and we are seeking a Planning Engineer who already has on-site experience.
As soon as you are getting on board, you will be supported by your FORTIL Manager. Your goals set will be developing and maintaining multiple project programmes through design, construction, commissioning and handover.
YOUR DAILY ROLE AS A CONSULTANT
- Developing project programmes using Primavera P6, through liaising with project managers, designers, contractors and site teams
- Planning and programming the delivery of multiple schemes, aiming to minimise programme timelines, identify risks and mitigate against issues
- Producing and monitoring resource profiles for key roles
- Administering contract programmes and carrying out critical path and variance analysis
- Producing monthly variance and programme reports to monitor performance
You will have the opportunity to develop new technical skills on client lead projects but also play a role within your company by:
- Opening new accounts or new departments within the client you are working with (business)
- Suggesting CVs, conducting technical interviews or creating tests for candidates (recruitment)
- Building your own team of consultants (management)
- Giving advice as an expert and mentoring younger consultants & developing training programmes / graduate schemes / exercises for interns (mentoring)
YOUR ASSETS TO SUCCEED
- Proven work experience as a Planning Engineer
- Up to date knowledge of Primavera P6 and MS Project
- Familiarity with design & build environment and understanding of water supply, wastewater treatment, civils, mechanical and electrical engineering activities
MSc (or BSc) in project management or relevant field
You have strong interpersonal skills; you can adapt to different contexts and situations. You have an overflowing curiosity and a desire to innovate.
To apply for this position, you must be eligible to work in the UK without Visa restrictions.
If you recognise yourself, apply at firstname.lastname@example.org and join the adventure. We will support you to build your career. FORTIL UK is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We therefore encourage qualified applicants from all backgrounds to apply.