**PREVIOUS APPLICANTS NEED NOT APPLY**
We are offering the exciting opportunity to join our growing Data Team who have embarked on an ambitious data warehouse redevelopment programme. With an impressive database infrastructure already in place, the team are redeveloping all processes and we need additional team members to accelerate this development.
We are looking for candidates who want to develop themselves and make the most of this opportunity. A background in data warehousing is desirable but we also want to see candidates who have gained SQL skills from analytical or data management roles, who are now looking to move into database development. Alternatively, you may have graduated in a subject that has given you the analytical skills this role needs.
- To provide expertise in collecting, integrating, and optimising data using SQL and other database technologies where appropriate.
- To design and implement data flows using SQL Integration Services (SSIS) enabling the automated update of key datasets.
- To work in support of analysts and users of the data warehouse to ensure that access and performance are assured and that changes are managed to meet their requirements.
- To work with highly sensitive patient data, ensuring appropriate steps are taken at all times to comply with confidentiality and data protection requirements.
- To work with data warehouse managers in agreeing task priorities and to resolve any clashes in deadlines.
- To work to develop an expert understanding in the Trusts datasets, their significance to the organisation and how their use could be extended.
- To be an active participant in team and project meetings and promote ideas and approaches that could be applied.
An exciting opportunity to join the expanding Business Intelligence department and become a member of a skilled, knowledgeable and enthusiastic team. Significant investment has been made into the systems and software used within BI and their rapid development is changing the reach and influence that our team is having within the Trust and our partner organisations in the Gloucestershire health system.
The team benefits from the wide range of specialist staff members, with roles from patient system configuration and testing to database development and healthcare analytics.
Each member of the team is supported, developed and encouraged to play a part in the continual development of our department. We foster an environment where our new starters can bring forward their ideas and share their experience as we tackle the challenges and demands that our Trust faces through its commitment in delivering outstanding patient care.