Route Business Scotland
About Network Rail
Network Rail is at the heart of revitalising Britains railway. Scotland's Railway covers a large geographical area from the Borders to Thurso at the far tip of the North East of Scotland, accounting for almost 20 per cent of the UK rail network. We provide rapid access along busy commuter routes to our seven cities, servicing the varied needs of our business and leisure commuter services, including cross border services and rural services. We have up to 50 freight services operating every day and we are steadily building capacity for this to grow.
As Absolute Track Geometry Engineer you will Manage and direct the Absolute Track Geometry Team to provide surveying, analysis, design, production, performance, assurance and asset information to the Infrastructure Maintenance Track Maintenance Engineer.
About the role (External)
1. Manage and direct the Absolute Track Geometry team to achieve business and functional objectives and meet key performance measures
2. Manage development of individuals and the engagement of the team.
3. Manage the arrangements for staff safety and competence.
4. Monitor asset performance, reliability, productivity and efficiency.
5. Provide technical guidance and support.
6. Undertake survey and design work.
7. Undertake technical inspections and investigations.
8. Develop and deliver work programmes for Absolute Track Geometry activities.
9. Arrange local activities for track monitoring trains and manual track monitoring. Receive and analyse outputs taking action to address non compliance.
10. Maintain the accuracy of systems, databases and records.
11. Review and approve method statements and/or plans for design and/or work activities as required.
12. Undertake an agreed programme of staff surveillance, work quality and asset condition checks.
Job Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Relevant technical competence
- Knowledge of absolute track geometry processes and techniques
- Knowledge of maintenance delivery processes and techniques
- Knowledge of safety and compliance management processes
- Knowledge of operational railway environment
- Detailed knowledge of relevant standards and procedures
- Detailed knowledge and experience of track surveying, analysis and design
- Knowledge of other functional disciplines
- Good interpersonal, influencing, communication and organisation skills
- HNC/HND or equivalent qualification
- Knowledge of coaching techniques
How to apply (External)
What can we offer you
At Network Rail, you have the chance to develop a long, rewarding career. There are many different career paths - and many opportunities to fulfil your potential. After all, we believe that investing in our people via training and development is one of the most effective ways of improving the safety, reliability and efficiency of the railways. You can expect competitive pay, a bonus scheme and a choice of contributory pension schemes. We also offer a generous annual leave package, plus up to 75% discount on season rail tickets.
We adhere to a structured pay framework, any salary offered will be within the following pay range:
At Network Rail we support applications from a diverse range of candidates regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, membership or non-membership of trade union, social class or any other irrelevant factor. We are committed to interviewing all applicants who declare a disability and meet the essential criteria advertised. We continue to strive to build a workforce as diverse as the communities we serve. We value the commitments you may have outside of work and will consider flexible working applications. If we can make it work we will.
We are required to follow UK Government standards when carrying out pre-employment checks for you; this includes a basic criminal record check. In addition to this, in accordance with the UK Government you are also required to verify your identity, your right to work in the UK and your previous three years employment history.
Please clearly show in your application how your skills and experience match the requirements of this role.
Keeping people safe on the railway is at the heart of everything we do. Safe behaviour is therefore a requirement of working for Network Rail. You should demonstrate your personal dedication to safety on your application.
Please note late applications will not be accepted.
We retain the right to close the advert before the listed closing date based on application volumes.