As an Application Engineer, you will deal with the day to day management and development of Application products and contribute towards their design.
You will be responsible for the operational stability of the Application solutions, and be in a position to affect change in the on-going robustness and resilience of those products.
You will collaborate with seniors and own Application Development Lifecycle Process as part of a delivery team focused on one or more products.
To be considered for these roles you will have demonstrable experience of the following technologies:
- Cobol & MicroFocus Cobol.
- Visual Studio and/or Eclipse.
- Version control systems like GIT.
- Relation Database Management Systems like Oracle.
You will also have demonstrable knowledge of two or more of the following:
- Data Dictionary Emulation.
- Red Hat Linux.
- Batch Processing & Batch Architecture.
- Integration solutions.
- OPSTRAT Middleware or OSMP Platform.
- SCL Emulator (TSCL).
The roles and responsibilities for this position include, but are not restricted to :
- Implement best-practices to code securely and defensively.
- Design, develop and support the technical integration capability through test phases and in production.
- Deliver components for the extensible integration platform, iteratively to support VMER Project.
- Deliver a highly configurable technical approach which provides pluggable (easily extended) transformation and other capabilities, working to the agreed high level architecture.
- Deliver scalable integration services.
- Provide 3rd line support to live OSMP products.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
Managing a Quality Service
Changing and Improving
We'll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
Programming and Build
- Learning and development tailored to your role.
- An environment with flexible working options.
- A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity.
- A Civil Service pension.
- A generous annual leave allowance .
Salary for this role is from £34,448 (band min) to £39,674 (band max). Where the maximum salary is offered a digital allowance up to £5,134 is available.
Our total offer to successful candidates will be based on an assessment of your skills and experience as demonstrated at interview.
In all cases the additional digital allowance is non-pensionable. The requirement to continue paying an additional digital allowance and the amount payable is subject to review at least annually.
Existing Civil Servants who secure a new role on lateral transfer should maintain their current salary.
Existing Civil Servants who gain promotion may move to the bottom of the next grade pay scale or 10% increase in salary whichever would be the greater. Only in very few circumstances (where there have been exceptional skills demonstrated which are in limited supply for example) may existing Civil Servants be able to negotiate their starting salary if the role has been advertised externally, prior to accepting the post.