J. Barbour & Sons Ltd founded in 1894 is a British lifestyle brand, home to the iconic wax jacket we design, manufacture and market stylish functional clothing and footwear for men, women and children inspired by the unique values of the British countryside. We are the proud holder of three Royal warrants and remain true to our core values as a fifth-generation family business. Barbour is sold in over 40 countries worldwide, including Europe, the US and Japan but we have our headquarters and roots firmly located in the North East of England.
Position Overview: *
We are currently recruiting for an Database Developer to join our IT Team on a permanent basis based at Barbour House, South Shields. We are looking for an experienced Developer who has worked extensively within the Microsoft SQL Server stack and who has proven success in developing data models and ETL solutions. You will be part of our newly established integration team which has been set up to focus on the growing estate of system integrations within Barbour. You will work within a diverse, inclusive IT department designing and developing new solutions to help integrate our key systems, alongside supporting and improving existing integrations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: *
You will scope and develop complex integration solutions by using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), stored procedures and other SQL database tools and practices.
- You will proactively identify areas for improvement within existing solutions and take responsibility for seeing your ideas through to completion.
- You will help to improve our ways of working as a department, collaborating with others within the team to evolve our methodologies.
Skills and Experience: *
You have plenty of experience in a database developer (or similar) role, and have a passion for creating efficient, repeatable solutions through SQL Server and SSIS.
- You are self-organising with a positive attitude and actively look for ways to improve both the technical solutions we have and the way we implement them.
- You love best practice and doing things ‘the right way’, but not at the expense of delivering for your customers
- It would be great if you’ve worked in an Agile environment, but it’s not critical.
Discretionary Company bonus scheme
- Staff discount
- Staff shop
- Healthcare cash plan
- 25 days holiday as standard increasing with length of service plus bank holidays
- Free onsite parking
- Subsidised canteen
Note: *In the event that a sufficient volume of suitable applications are received, the post may close prior to the specified closing date. Please apply as soon as possible if interested.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations