6 years +
Birketts is a full service, top 100 UK law firm, operating in Cambridge, Chelmsford, Ipswich, Norwich and the surrounding areas.
With a rich heritage spanning over 150 years we’ve built an enviable track record advising businesses, institutions and individuals in the UK and internationally.
Throughout our history our ethos has remained simple:
we provide clear legal advice and value and insight to our clients.
We set out to truly understand our clients’ needs and help realise their ambitions.
We believe that through this approach and a combination of technical excellence and high quality service we can develop long-lasting partnerships and become our clients' solicitor of choice.
Our Residential Development team offers a full service to private developers and housing associations in the areas of commercial property and commercial and residential development law. We aim to deliver a successful project by providing commercial and practical solutions and tailored acquisition and development strategies. The team acts for a broad range of national and regional house builders, RP’s, local authorities and funders on a wide range of issues affecting the house building and social housing sectors.
The team's work includes:
- Freehold and leasehold acquisitions and disposals
- Development Agreements
- Site set-ups
- Option agreements and strategic land planning
- Pre-emption agreements
- Site assembly for both brownfield and greenfield sites
- Promotion agreements
- Consortium/collaboration agreements
- Overage arrangements
- Planning, infrastructure and environmental issues
- Affordable housing disposals and planning agreements
- Mixed user site development
- City/town centre regeneration schemes
- Large volume plot sales
- Stock transfer and rationalisation
- Funding and related drawdown work
Purpose of job
Candidates should be able to demonstrate a following or strong connections within the industry.
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual to join a successful team in a growing firm which enjoys an excellent reputation in this area who is capable of helping to drive forward the firm's ambitious expansion plans for housebuilding work.
- Reviewing and managing your team/employee competencies and training needs to enable them to perform their role effectively within the information security space;
- Ensuring that your team/ employees are aware of the relevance and importance of their activities and how they contribute to the achievement of information security objectives.
- Partner/Director/Managers have the authority to arrange training and awareness activities for the employees under their direction, within budget constraints and act to prevent an information security incident from occurring or escalating, where possible.
An ambitious solicitor (or legal executive) with >6 years' experience gained within a well-regarded city, regional or national firm or in-house with a major housebuilder with a particular skills in site acquisition and assembly and/or volume plot sales provision.
You may already be an experienced partner looking for a change or for your next challenge. He/she would be expected to play an active role in marketing and business development as well as providing a high level of service to clients.
Competitive salary (dependent on experience/ability) and benefits including pension scheme, private medical insurance, permanent health insurance, life assurance, holiday from 25 days (pro-rata), cycle to work scheme and childcare vouchers. Working for one of the regions leading commercial law firms, our lawyers are engaged
We are committed to recruiting individuals on merits of suitability for each role, on the basis of qualifications and experience. All applications are treated fairly and equally regardless of sexual orientation, race, disability, religious beliefs and any other protected characteristic, ensuring that there are equal opportunities at all stages of the recruitment process.