We are extremely excited to be offering a variety of Technology Apprenticeships in areas such as Cyber, Data Science, Dev Ops and Project Management to name a few.
Our strategy at Centrica is driven by our purpose to help our customers live sustainably, simply, and affordably. As the pace of change continues to accelerate, we respond by focusing colleagues and technology on helping businesses and households to use energy more efficiently and sustainably.
Technology is pivotal to our success, it’s the engine room of Centrica. Technology enables us to increase the efficiency of systems, products, and services and most importantly, it allows us to work flexibly with our customers and colleagues to meet changing needs.
We’re looking for passionate, original thinkers with a natural flair for solving problems. You will need to gain a broad understanding of the businesses and their operations quickly and will be making an impact from the day you start your journey with us, but don’t worry, we will be supporting you every step of the way! We have partnered with an established training provider to ensure that all your training needs throughout the programme are met, you will also be assigned a mentor or buddy to further assist your development as well as the day to day support offered by your manager and colleagues. 20% of your development will be a combination of theory, technical and practical training whilst the remaining 80% will be on the job learning supported by a robust development plan to really help you succeed and reach your potential. We believe those who join the programme will be the future innovators and revolutionaries of our business!
At Centrica we embrace diversity and actively seek to attract individuals with unique backgrounds and perspectives. To build a more sustainable future, we need the best team – a team with a diverse mix of people and skills, where everyone feels welcome and able to succeed. We are dedicated in helping to close the diversity gap across the technology sector and would love to see more females, people of colour and LGBTQ+ employees, as well as those from a variety of cultures and ethnicities to veterans and the differently abled. Supporting diversity and inclusion is a big part of who we are, we are not looking for people to fit into our culture but to add to it!
Windsor SL4 5GD (up 2 days per week in the office). We have now been working from home for over a year, demonstrating how possible it really is to do amazing work from home, working flexibly has benefitted many colleagues and so when our offices re open in September, we will continue to offer flexible working arrangements for those who want and need it.
Starting salary is £20k or £22k*, a pay increase will be awarded every 6 months*, by month 18, the base salary will be between £34-36k*. In addition, you will also receive 25 days holiday, private pension, and healthcare benefits. This is a level 4 apprenticeship programme for either 18 or 24 months.
To apply you will need:
- Dependant on the programme you are offered and subject to ongoing performance and talent reviews
A minimum of 5 GCSEs in addition to 2 A Levels or Level 3 equivalent. (Apprenticeship or BTEC in a relatable subject). STEM subjects will be of benefit
A strong and demonstrable desire to build a career in technology
Hunger to learn new skills and drive to succeed
High level of creativity and problem-solving capabilities
Right to work in the UK
We are looking for individuals with true potential, if you like crafting and building then you may well have the curiosity, determination and inventiveness we are looking for, you may enjoy the challenge of completing a complex problem or analysing information and really working your mental muscles, maybe you are a bedroom coder and have become a self-taught programmer, or spend your spare time developing creative digital content for your own social media platforms, all of these skills could make a career in technology perfect for you!
As we are offering a variety of apprenticeship pathways, we will provide further details of each programme during in the application process, allowing you to share your preferences.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
This role is being handled by the Centrica recruitment team and NO agency contact is required.