Maintenance Development Engineer-TPRS-UKDY02305654
Maintenance Development Engineer
At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
We are currently looking to recruit a Maintenance Development Engineer for our location in Derby, UK.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Maintenance Development Engineer designs, analyses, develops, tests and demonstrates engineering solutions that solve complex requirements. He/she provides cost and schedule estimates on complicated engineering programs. Also, he/she provides technical expertise in support of other departments and less experienced engineering personnel.
- Work with procurement, suppliers and engineering during supplier selection, design reviews and joint design development to deliver all maintenance requirements, proposing novel maintenance solutions and resolving maintainability issues to ensure the train is delivered at the lowest overall life cycle cost.
- Identify and raise maintenance requirements to ensure past reliability and maintainability issues, contractual maintenance targets and best practice maintenance principles are embedded into train and platform designs.
- Responsible of validation and optimization of vehicle maintenance manuals and maintenance schedule with suppliers, engineering and technical authors.
- Share the best practice development during design for maintenance projects both within fleet projects in the UK and across DfM teams globally.
- Engineering Degree in relevant technical area (preferred).
- Master’s Degree in relevant technical area (desirable).
- Chartered status (preferred).
- 2-5 Years fleet maintenance experience.
- Maintenance development improvements and techniques.
- Prognostic technology.
Why Work for Us?
Everywhere we operate, we reward effort and initiative. You are encouraged to ask questions and empowered to make decisions.
As an equal opportunity employer, we strive to create a stimulating and open workplace which fosters teamwork, fairness, respect and diversity.
We are helping to create a better world.
By making a difference today, we are helping create a better world for future generations. Having pioneered the philosophy of "The Climate is Right for Trains", we demonstrate this rationale by offering vehicles with practically zero emissions.
Bombardier Transportation is an Equal Opportunity Employer Dedicated to Affirmative Action and Workforce Diversity.
Your ideas move people.
Competitive salary range
Number working hours: