Job Title: New Product development Engineer - Fuses
Business: Lawson fuses
The NPD Engineer will predominantly design and test HRC fuse-links and manage various stages of the product development process from initial product concept and design through to the mass production of ASTA and BIS compliant fuses.
- Lead new product development including product design and cost and investment estimation, feasibility study, materials selection, engineering drawing, technical and product specifications and work with engineers & supporting team for the process design and development of HRC fuse-links.
- According to project requirements, build product development plans, deliver documents and complete phase reviews; conduct regular project review meetings with project team members and report project progress and challenges, provide effective methods or actions for the challenges.
- Effectively apply project management fundamentals, including costing, scheduling, and managing resources to meet project goals, work with or lead cross-functional teams and outside resources to successfully release new products.
- Support critical customer issues, including investigation, experiment, simulations, etc.
- Ensure accreditation and compliance of new products to ASTA certification levels and similar International standards.
- Ensure running of accredited low voltage testing laboratory to support new product introductions.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills*
- Education: Bachelor degree or equivalent in Material & Engineering, Electrical or related degree
- Experience: minimum 10+years of experience in new product development, must have experience in HRC fuse development
- Exceptional knowledge of fuse standards and standards in general
- Understanding of lab equipment, testing processes and fuse performance characteristics
- Proficient in the use of Solidworks or similar CAD design software
- Must be a result-oriented and self-initiated professional
- Good oral and written communication skills in English.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations