Gap Professional are looking for a permanent Product Engineer who is a highly motivated individual to work for our client, a leading Global Aerospace Engineering company based in Wolverhampton.
The Product Engineer will work in the Product Engineering Group which functions as the point of contact for the company's products released for production. The Product Engineer's primary areas of responsibility include supporting of the production assembly and test areas by resolving issues, maintaining product integrity, and influencing product costs and supports all phases of the product life cycle including development, new product introduction (NPI), product transfer and product delivery.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Provision of clear production assembly/test instructions to operations personnel to maintain efficient production. These instructions includes formal Work Instructions, Acceptance Test Procedures (ATP / PAT), engineering memos, and Word Order amendments.
- Provision of technical support to the assembly and test are to identify and resolve problems with hydraulic and mechanical actuation products and associated test hardware.
- Specify, design, develop, evaluate and implement equipment to meet production requirements for the operations department. These could include assembly fixtures and tools, production flow-line systems, and test equipment. Some of the equipment may be outsourced and managed by the Product Engineer.
- Assuring and maintaining product integrity, and quality in production products. The Product Engineer does this by collaborating with other company resources to resolve production problems, performing Preliminary Review Board (PRB) analyses, and assisting in evaluation for possible notice of escape (NOE) to customers.
- Tracking key company metrics including, but not limited to:
First pass yield (FPY)
Product cost objectives (PCAS) to maintain and improve company performance and goals.
These metrics may be used to support the goals of other departments.
- Supporting the facilitation of design changes driven by the above items by redlining drawings and documents, attending Change Review Board (CRB) and starting the ECN process.
- Training, coordinating and evaluating the efforts of Associate Product Engineers and Co-ops to support department goals
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
Degree qualified with an Aerospace or Mechatronic bias
Previous Product Engineering relevant technical experience
Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills
Detailed working knowledge of hydraulic actuation products, both top level and subassemblies
A good understanding of the operation and performance of hydraulic flight control systems including testing and data analysis
Proven experience coordinating and interfacing with customers and/or suppliers on complex projects or issues.
General knowledge in areas of Root Cause / Corrective Action, LEAN, Project Planning, Product line transfer and Data Acquisition and Analysis.
Previous Development Engineering experience (desirable)
Previous Aerospace experience Military or Commercial
Annual salary of £45,000 - £50,000, depending upon experience
25 days annual leave (plus statutory)
Private Healthcare scheme
Strong contributory pension scheme
Life assurance of 8x salary (from start date)
Employee share option
Additional flexible benefits programme
gap professional are acting as an Employment Agency on behalf of its client
To Apply please follow the application process for the site this job is advertised on.