About The Role
As a Test & Support Analyst, you will take responsibility for ensuring that the testing for the ERP system (Microsoft D365 and AX 2012), fulfills business requirements. You will do this by liaising with the consultants and developers to fully understand user requirements and expected system impact to ensure delivery is successful.
This role is all about playing a key part of the project life cycle, from a quality and testing perspective and be the driving force behind making efficiency improvements and building strong relationships across AO. You will be required to vocalise issues and/or concerns to consultants, developers and other business areas efficiently. If you are someone who enjoys testing to a high standard and learning different parts of the business and system to avoid issues in production, this role is perfect for you.
You will need to be comfortable being involved from the start to finish of the software development life cycle, contributing at every stage - specifically taking full responsibility between development and User Acceptance Testing.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Testing the end-to-end solution, including ensuring that existing functionality is not impacted to reduce the number of bugs and issues in production
- Gaining a full understanding of the software and functional steps required to perform a task- become a Super User!
- Live and breathe regression testing using tools such as Regression Suite Automation tool (RSAT) to reduce the number of manual tests
- Maintain and document a library of test plans to easily apply in multiple test environments
- Create tasks recordings to support training to increase knowledge and buy in from end users
- Understanding the use of Functional Design Documents and User Story contents to aid the creation of Test Plans for happy path and unhappy scenarios for successful delivery in production
- Living the problem with end users to fully understand what is required, alongside the Project Consultants
- First line support for functional issues, maintaining SLA response times
- Be a part of diverse, cross functional teams focused on end-to-end development
- Working very closely with consultants and developers to realise the objective in the most efficient manner
A Few Things About You
You’ll be keen to take ownership and responsibility of your work, before being deployed in a live environment, and to overcome any obstacles that may arise.
You must also:
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience using Microsoft Dynamics AX (2009 / 2012 / D365)
- Have an appetite for constantly improving processes
- A natural problem solver with a logical approach who enjoys ‘fixing things’ and finding solutions
- A Team player
- Able to keep calm under pressure and deal with setbacks in a positive way
- Empathetic approach to users’ needs
- Experience in Testing software changes
- Commit to continually learn and grow
- A confident communicator and not afraid to challenge existing ways of working
- Able to meet tight deadlines by working flexibly and in an efficient manner
- Willing to go the extra mile to get things done
- Able to bring a bit of fun to work!
Nice to have
- A part or fully qualified accountant (ACMA, ACCA, ACA)
- Microsoft Certifications
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.
It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.
We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’re forward thinking with both Tech and our people. We know how important family and wellbeing are - flexibility is key to be able to get that balance of life just right, so we operate core hours of 10-4pm to support your lifestyle.
It’s not about where you work, but about how you work and the value you add. This means for most roles, you can split your time working from home, the office, or a coffee shop if that’s where you thrive the most. Whatever the task, project or product, we trust our teams to work together, collaborate and make the sensible choice.
We believe diversity will help us find a better way. We want our workforce to be as diverse as our customers by celebrating, valuing and respecting every individual. We achieve this by nurturing a culture of inclusion where every voice matters. We welcome applications from everyone and we can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
- Feel free to have a chat with us about our flexible ways of working.
- You can take up to 5 days out of the business a year to use for development in your role and we’ll cover the cost.
- We have our own library, if you've seen something which interests you, we can order in a copy. Just add it to the library when you've done.
- 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
- At least 5% contribution pension scheme
- Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.