Are you looking to start and develop a career in Engineering?
Do you want to be challenged daily working on exceptionally varied and diverse projects in a team atmosphere?
As the demand for our expertise continues to grow, we now have an exciting opportunity for an Engineering Apprentice to join our significantly experienced and talented Engineering Team.
Our projects include large industrial and commercial schemes with contract values over £30 million to smaller schemes working for interesting clients including Schools/Universities, healthcare providers, contractors, developers etc.
Role and Responsibilities
- Working as part of a design team delivering detailed design
- Using specialist computer-aided design (CAD) and BIM (Revit) software and other resources to design the systems required for the project
- Designing site-specific equipment as required
- Assisting with the installation of building systems and specifying maintenance and operating procedures
- Liaising closely with other professionals, including structural engineers, architects, surveyors, and contractors of in-house and external project teams
Experience and Skills Required
- Demonstrate excellent numerical/maths skills and excellent literacy
- Ability to use your own initiative and to prioritise at busy times
- Interested in using computers for design work, calculations, and testing designs
- Methodical way of thinking towards design, planning and organising projects
- Excellent communication skills
- A minimum of five GCSEs grade 4 or above which must include English, Maths, Science and a technology related subject.
We ask that you must have a grade 6 or above in GCSE Maths in order to meet the demands of the course and work.
What's in it for you:
At Ridge we invest heavily in our biggest assets........our people. And as you will find out from day one in your Ridge career, you will be handsomely rewarded:
- 25 days holiday and study leave
- Private Healthcare
- Life Assurance
- Pension: Standard 6% Ridge Contribution
- Highly competitive salary
Upon completion of the apprenticeship and subject to your overall performance, there may be an opportunity to go onto further study to enable you to be qualified to degree level and achieve Chartered Engineer in the future.